+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed on toddler vomiting from crying??

DD is 13 months and has almost got all of her teeth, she has been an awfull teether but now the night wakings are no longer from pain ( I can see a difference) they have become a habit. When in pain she wakes every hour has a sook and then goes back to sleep. Because of this I will move her and sleep with her in her "big girl bed" where she will move to this summer. Everytime we try to resettle her back in her cot she will go feral as soon as we walk out of the room, it takes her about 30sec to a minute maximum to vomit!
    How do we break the habit? Out of ideas? No clue what to try next!! Any advice al all would be sooo appreciated, I am a very tired mummy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    have you tried a night light/projector kind of thing that plays lullabies and she can see the colours/pictures that light up on the ceiling? that can help get her attention on something else..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, Sorry this might seem like a silly question but any reason why you cant put her in the 'big girl bed' now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd just sleep in the big girl bed with her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed on toddler vomiting from crying??

I'd move her to her big bed now and see if that helps. Get a side rail and put her bed against the wall in case she falls out. She might find having more room is what she needs/wants.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for repling I have overseas guest using the spare room where her bed is untill January that is why we have to wait, when she is too unsettled we put her in bed with us and so I am worried she will still need to sleep with us as she will get used to it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe she doesn't like the cot rails or the place the cot is in, maybe get the mattress out of the cot and put it in your room. See if she likes that. Also don't worry too much about her getting used to sleeping with you, babies change preferences all the time she sounds like an independent little one!