+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to ttc and regarding pregnancy tests

Hi my name is Cara Iam 27 years of age Iam a mother of two boys my fiance and I are currently trying to ttc at the moment and have been trying to ttc since the start of this month,I went to do a pregnancy home test forelife brand one lastnight it comes up with two lines I go to do four other home pregnancy tests and they come up with two lines I go to go to the doctors tonight to get a urine pregnancy test and the doctor tells me it is negative I would like to hear from other women who are in the same position as I dont know at this point if Iam pregnant or not pregnant and what does it mean if I have had five home pregnancy tests come up with two lines meaning positive Iam so confused right now as I stayed up til 2.00am due to getting the feeling of having dry reaching and feeling like I wanted to be sick is that a sign of anything if any ladies out there can let me know what they think please send me a message I would love to hear from you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any experience with this brand but I have heard that the tests the GP has are not as sensitive as the hpt. With DD2 the GP didn't even to a urine test as she trusted the one I had done & sent me for bloods. This is just the case for you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Doctors urine tests depict a positive result around 50mIU/ml, whereas some hpt's show from 10mIU/ml . A HCG beta blood test would be the way to go. Besides 1 false positive on a hpt - maybe, but 5??? Odds are slim for 5 false positive hpt's. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I say positive.

My mother owns a medical centre and I know for fact they aren't as sensitive.

I myself got 4 positive home tests and a negative drs test and I was pregnant and now have a beautiful boy.

If u are getting positives hun its definitely positive!!

Congrats!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Winter baby what does hpt mean if you dont mind me asking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Merlsy : Iam writing to let you know the home pregnancy tests I did last night the whole five come up with two lines on the each of them as in to tell me that it was positive,then the one I had at the doctors tonight which the doctor did at the doctor surgery told me sorry but I dont think your pregnant but suggested that I get a blood test done,at 2.00am this morning I was having dry reaching and feeling nausea isnt that a sign of pregnancy though from Cara Mumofabeautiful6yrold could you please message me back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumofabeautiful6yrold View Post
    Hi Merlsy : Iam writing to let you know the home pregnancy tests I did last night the whole five come up with two lines on the each of them as in to tell me that it was positive,then the one I had at the doctors tonight which the doctor did at the doctor surgery told me sorry but I dont think your pregnant but suggested that I get a blood test done,at 2.00am this morning I was having dry reaching and feeling nausea isnt that a sign of pregnancy though from Cara Mumofabeautiful6yrold could you please message me back
    Id say you are pregnant. Forelife HPTs (Home pregnancy tests) are sensitive to 10mIU/ml. So I would say that its just early hun. I would get a First Response Early Response test and try that. If you have 5 tests that are positive Im pretty sure there is no mistaking it! Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mumofabeautiful6yrold View Post
    If doc suggested a blood test, I would go with it cause I do believe you could be pregnant with 5 positive hpt (home pregnancy tests), if your doctor didn't suggest a blood test - I'd change docs.
    Nausea is a sign of pregnancy, but I'm not a doc love, best get that blood test for 100% confirmation. Most times if you get the blood test done early enough in the day you'll have your results back in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews

How did u go op?