+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default I'll never look at my kitchen chairs the same way - Week 1, Day 5 - Blog 14

Only one blog tonight, I'm tired but I think it's going to be a long one lol! I woke up this morning to a message from my best friend's Mum telling me that she had given birth to a beautiful baby boy this morning. This was actually amazing news. Two weeks ago my friend was told at a scan that her son probably had lethal spinal dysplasia and the best case scenario they were given was dwarfism. So to hear that she had given birth naturally to a healthy baby boy was news that was out of this world.

I could not be more happy for her, she has had her struggles that is for sure. I have to admit because these blogs are about me being brutally honest that a tiny part of hearing it broke my heart. Not because I don't wish that she had her son but because we should've been having children at the same time. It kind of brought down on me all of the feelings about where I "should" be again, in fact writing this down has made me start crying again. I tried not to dwell on those thoughts too much so I'll just wipe away my tears and move on right now.

All in all, though, I was ecstatic for her and so happy that I was the first to hear the news and that as soon as she had mobile phone reception, she called me and told me everything about how it had all happened. Oh, now I'm sad again thinking about how she's embarking on this new chapter of her life and I'm being left behind. Bah.

I am trying to tell you all that I'm happy for her but it's not coming out that way and I don't want anyone to think that's not the case. I've briefly thought about scrapping this blog and starting again but I'll just plough on through. (I just want to say to my secret twin, if you ever read this, I love you. This is totally about me and nobody ever deserved a healthy baby more than you did! )

Anyway. My husband and I went out to look for a dining table, picked up a birthday present for my friend's 2 year old and then I toddled off to her birthday party. It was a great time, I love, love, love my friend. Visiting her house always makes me smile and she has the two most beautiful little girls. Whenever I'm there, it's another time that I forget that I'm sad. All I'll say about the party is that firstly, I didn't eat too badly, some carrot sticks with home-made french onion dip, one small slice of lemon cake and half a choc-chip cookie. Secondly...you've never seen a display of strength like that of a two year old grabbing a Peppa Pig doll house out of its box because she can't wait for her Dad to get it out!

After the party I came home, did my Zumba and now I'm going to go eat dinner. It feels like this has been the longest day! I did the Ripped workout again and man, like the title of this thread says, I'll never look at my kitchen chairs the same way! Also, when we were looking for dining tables today, the one we picked was partially picked because it's fairly comfortable for doing chair dips on which, yes, I tested in store!
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 28-10-2012 at 21:38.