+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Partner stayed on computer all day?

I am a male and my wife is pregnant and I play wow a lot. But I choose my times. While she has been pregnant I have done all the housework and still had time for two jobs and my wow time. Maybe talk to him and explain it. If he is anything like me he will understand. But at the same time I use wow to get away from reality at times.

Happy bday and good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vkleet For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Happy birthday!
    My DH is constantly on the PC or his phone or watching tv. I feel like technology gets in the way of our relationship and intimacy. He doesn't play games though, but it's all the same. Hope you have a better day tomorrow xx

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Short answer... YES.

My DH would never do that in a million years. Wow... that just shows such a lack of respect for you.

Does he show his respect and appreciation for you in other ways on other days? (daily I mean?)..

I'd be so hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    YES!!! Very much so! I'd be ropable!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Playing computer games with his friends, 10.30 pm & my ds has just gone down for me & dp is now going to bed.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    I would be seriously P!SSED OFF!!

Happy birthday anyway! It's my dad's birthday today too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Partner stayed on computer all day?

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews

Happy birthday.
    My DH is a gamer and it has caused many many fights over the years. Although he would never be so careless on my birthday.
    It's his way of socializing as he uses vent to chat whilst gaming. I played wow for a while so I understand how easily it can become an addiction and time can creep away.
    We have set rules now that gaming does not come before family and jobs and when he starts to fall back into old habits I remind him (and we usually fight but he does change his habits for a while). he now mainly plays at night once DD is in bed and of I go to bed and he stays up until early hours of the lurking playing he settles DD when she wakes. On the weekend he asks if I want any jobs done before disappearing to play.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (29-10-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Oj - no not really.

I even said to him i would appreciate it if he got off the computer & spent some time with me & he just shrugged & went back to it,
    He games or watches anime / reads manga ALL day every day when not at work (he doesn't work long hours ),

I often say gee i wish i could just sit there watching cartoons but i dont have a choice because someone has to feed / dress / toilet our son & clean all the mess.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    lmao... sorry, just my DH is really into anime too! ANd ALWAYS has one show or another loaded in multiple windows on his comp. And I say the same things.. lol, "Oh so I see you're in here working really hard watching cartoons"

And he gets all cranky "They're NOT cartoons, they're animation, it's different."

Sorry, just made me chuckle.

I think it's really low he's made no effort for you on your birthday, or any day really. I would be asking DH to give me a list of the reasons he was with me and what he loved about me... coz behaving like that sure as hell isn't showing it!

Thanks
    Reviews

del
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 10-12-2012 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Reviews

DP is a gamer. But we have worked out how it works well between us. And that is really important. I get annoyed if we have his daughter and he plays all day. I think that is irresponsible. I don't mind if he plays for a bit after dinner and then we will both normally watch an anime that we both enjoy before bed.

Each to their own...

Happy birthday OP. Hope you at least got some you time at some stage.... Unfortunately I haven't been in that situation before... DP has been away for all my birthdays since we got together

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub