+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

Hello everyone I have joined this site to try and help me understand and help my wife with everything. She is roughly 6 weeks pregnant and we are having a rough trot.

A couple of days ago we were at the hospital as she had started to bleed and they assured us everything was fine. She received a needle as she has a negative blood count.

We needed up back at the hospital yesterday as it got worse but again they said everything was fine.

Right now she still has spotting but feels like she needs Togo to the toilet all the time. Any help would be great or am I just being paranoid.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Very confused

What do you mean she got a needle for negative blood count? Anti D shot for rhesus negative blood type? A lot of ladies on here have experienced bleeding with good and bad outcomes, hopefully some can shed some light for you. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

From what I understand it was a needle for the baby. As something to do with her blood can attack the baby. This needle has to be given to her with every pregnancy I have found out.

The thing that has annoyed me is that the doctors did not pick this up until the 3rd blood test.

I have been reading through the forums and some things that I have read has "scared" me a little. But the wife has reassured me that at this point in time that everything feels ok.

I think I might be stressing more then her lol. But I'm not letting her see that.

She is going back to the doctors on Tuesday and has another scan in roughly two weeks as the one we had yesterday did not have anything in it. They said it was to early still to see.

Thank you for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

Yes it is too early too see much on a scan. Does she have any pain/cramping? Trust mummy instincts, Although i didnt experience any bleeding i had really low hcg to begin with and I had to get a retest in a week to see if it was rising. I was worried but a few days before the retest I just had a feeling everything was going to be ok, and I now have a 5 week old daughter
    Yes that's the anti d, they don't usually test for it until later as the standard procedure is anti d shots at 28 and 36 weeks through the pregnancy, the only reason they have given it to your wife now is because she is bleeding there is a higher chance of her and bubs blood mixing. Don't worry, she has had the shot so all should be fine. I was also negative blood type and bubs is positive, I chose not to have the shots as I did not have any bleeding or trauma so relatively low risk of blood mixing, and post birth they checked my blood at hospital and I didn't have any mix. It's confusing, if you want further info let me know as I did a lot of research. Try to stay positive and let her rest as much as possible. Order take in or cook for her and spend some time snuggled up in bed if you can don't let her do too much physically either if possible.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

Bumping for other posters please

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

Tyvm for that how do I bump.

I am paying for the house to be professionally cleaned as I have started my own business and working a second job to get it up and running so working 7 day weeks. I have started learning how to clock but I don't think she likes my cooking ATM lol but I will get better. I am getting upher every time she gets up because she is bored lol. I just bought her a laptop and other items to keep her entertained while sitting down.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

She had some pain and cramping but it has been gone for a while now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

You sound like you are doing a great job
    Just put a new reply to make the post come up in the 'latest topics'
    As its late now I'll do it again for you in the morn to try and get some more responses as there will be more people online.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vkleet View Post
    She had some pain and cramping but it has been gone for a while now.
    That's good news. I don't know what would be enough to worry about but it is normal to have crampy feelings in the first trimester anyway, as its all stretching, I had heaps! Oh by the way congrats on your bub to be!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Very confused

Tyvm and thank you for your help I will be at work tomorrow but will check once I get home.