+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tugging sensation on c-section scar

I had DD via emergency c-section almost 3 years ago, didn't have any issues with recovery, all was fine.

This evening I keep getting this really uncomfortable sensation through my scar. The best way I can describe it is if you've ever shaved down there and got a bit carried away and your knickers stick to yourself and it gets prickly and you have to pull them off. It's the strangest sensation, it doesn't quite hurt so much as really uncomfortable for a few minutes and then seems to pass.

Any ideas on what or why this would be happening 3yo's on for no apparent reason? We're not TTC, have not DTD and I'm on the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews

Shameless bump, anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Have you always been a bit 'numb' around your scar?
    It could be the nerves coming back together, I know it was 3 years ago that you had the c-sec but I'm nearly 2 years past mine and still feel 'numb' there, but sometimes I get an array of weird sensations that I have been told is just the nerves coming back.

It could also be scar tissue..
    Sorry I'm not much help, hopefully someone else can shed some light on this for you.

Thanks
    Reviews

I often get pain on one side of mine. Although I would describe it differently to yours... My doctor told me it was adhesions but what you described sounds more like the nerves. You could always get it checked out if you're worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 c-sections and have always had like pulling/tugging sensations on occassions. My thoughts would be did you accidently pull on those muscles doing something during the day? Sometimes if I use my lower stomach muscles more I'll get some tugging sensations, if it continues or worsens maybe get it checked but it sounds harmless