+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Then maybe you tell them that? that they haven't done anything wrong but you have little in common? I guess you have 2 options... to let them down lightly to give them the gentle truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Either way it's probably going to hurt though hey. I guess the gentle truth is better than them left wondering. They feel hurt and if they're the senstitive type they'll probably over analyse it but they'll eventually get over it I guess. I guess if you do it gently they could never say that you were mean or cruel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When friendships run their course

I had a friend say to me and my group of friends (indirectly) that she'd 'moved on'. It was really hurtful and at the time I felt like she thought she was better than us. I think it would have been easier if we just drifted apart. Being so blunt was quite hurtful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When friendships run their course

We have similar issues at the moment. Same as you, DH and i have loads of different friends from different times in our lives, generally things seem to naturally move on but yes there are some who are quite persistent!

I think our main frustration at the moment is the whole notion of "couple friends" if that makes sense. Where we both have to find an entire day or evening on a weekend when everyones free to catch up. It's hard enough some weeks just catching up with DH and DD! I work full time which can easily mean a 60 hour work week (and have done since DD was 5 months) and DH runs his own business, plus the childcare juggle, we both have families who live interstate and overseas, have a property in a semi-rural area which needs maintaining... to be honest we have to be very discerning about our friends and who we give our time to as "free time" is already so limited, and that's not counting down-time as individuals.

Hence "let's organise a dinner one Saturday night soon with partners and kids" has me instantly replying with "if you want one of us, we can do three weeks from now but other than that, it's after Christmas" (and being completely honest in saying that!)