+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Fundraising to buy a iPad/therapy

I'm trying to get my daughter a iPad I found a site where you can buy a fundraising kit and you keep all the money to spend on what you need for your child. After doing research on Facebook and here I've found most people aren't willing to spend the $10 but you may have better luck.

http://www.ipads4autism.com/getstarted.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm confused are you trying to fundraiser for the iPad but do you think people wont buy the items? Or do you need help purchasing the kit?

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    I'm confused are you trying to fundraiser for the iPad but do you think people wont buy the items? Or do you need help purchasing the kit?
    I believe its your first thought - she is concerned that if she buys the kit she wont sell the items (see her other thread )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ... What other thread? Maybe I shouldn't be looking at this on my tiny phone...

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    ... What other thread? Maybe I shouldn't be looking at this on my tiny phone...
    yeah .. I dont use my phone for that reason - drives me insane - I love my computer ..

here tis I believe? http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...tc)&highlight=

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you have therapists that support this decision? I am in NsW, so not sure where you are, but I know here variety are taking applications for iPads. If you just google variety iPad it should come up.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If your child has a Autism or CP diagnosis ( and many others in fact ) you should be eligable for Better start funding and which ever provider you use for that can then get the equipment part of the funding to use for an ipad that is what most people use part of the funding for, If your child doesnt fall under any of them heading that get BS funding ( or is to old whch from memory i dont think so) then ILC do grants for ipads and so do lions and variety.

We bought DDs for her as it was one of the cheapest therapy tools she needed.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ok just read the other thread and see she does have Autism, defo talk to your better start provider if you have not got better start funding then you need to apply all you need is the letter of diagnosis for better start it was by far the EASIEST of all things i have applied for for DD it was a case of calling them then sending of the letter from neuro, my id and DDs birth certificate and it was sorted then you just find a provider that takes that funding there are heaps if you have trouble with it let me know

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fundraising to buy a iPad/therapy

There is also the Adam Scott society? Who help with funding iPads for children 6 and up