+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I know my reply might be unpopular but...

If I knew you I'd give you $10 for a bear.

If I didn't know you, and asked what you were fundraising for, and you said an iPad for your child with autism, I would probably not.

It's not that I think it's unworthy cause... I suppose, I'd just think there would be worthier ones that I could give that $10 to instead?

It wouldn't be about the teddy either way. I hate teddies and would rather not have another one in our house... lol.
    I always assume that the commercial stuff is going back to the main charity. If it was something like bake sale or more individual I would be more inclined to give YOU the money. There's that many charity's for everything (I used to work at Woolworths and every second week we had new merchandise for yet another different charity and doing a raffle and having a sausage sizzle and wearing a red shirt for Daniel Morcombe). I think there's so many now that people have their 1 or 2 that they support, which if its autism then lucky you People sadly can't give to everything

Edit: Have a look on eBay for second hand iPad 2 & 3's especially now that the 4 has been released. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the the earlier models and you'd be able to pick one up for a few hundred instead of paying $600 for a brand new one. The Apple Refurbished store also has them for $400-500 which is cheaper then the brand new ones
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 29-10-2012 at 10:07.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you buy the items people sell for fundraising... (pink ribbon pins etc)

There's nothing wrong with an IPad 1, that's what I have and it's faultless. It manages everything great as well. And you can pick them up at bargain prices.