+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: If you buy the items people sell for fundraising... (pink ribbon pins etc)

Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Bexter if I had a friend doing what you're doing I would most definitely support them I think its a great idea
    good luck!!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    This for sure! Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I haven't read all the responses, so this may have been suggested. Have you thought of writing to your local rotary or lions club to ask for one to be donated?I teach at a school were many children have special needs and a few of my parents have done this and had a whole range of electronic equipment donated. There are many generous people out there. If you can justify how your child would benefit from one, in a letter, you might be lucky! It would be easy to justify because they are a brilliant tool for children on the spectrum and can replace other expensive communication tools.
    good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Hi, I haven't read all the responses, so this may have been suggested. Have you thought of writing to your local rotary or lions club to ask for one to be donated?I teach at a school were many children have special needs and a few of my parents have done this and had a whole range of electronic equipment donated. There are many generous people out there. If you can justify how your child would benefit from one, in a letter, you might be lucky! It would be easy to justify because they are a brilliant tool for children on the spectrum and can replace other expensive communication tools.
    good luck!
    I've emailed a few organisations that have funding for special needs kids, but I'm not good at writing why I need one.
    Will keep trying though

Thanks
    Reviews
    The school wellbeing coordinator/school psych should be able to assist with this and you can also ask for them to write a supporting letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    I've emailed a few organisations that have funding for special needs kids, but I'm not good at writing why I need one.
    Will keep trying though

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (29-10-2012),~BEXTER~  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone who has done fundraising to buy supplies for a special needs child, but they did it without a kit. The first lot they did was selling a postcard for $5 that the child had drawn (birthday, thanks and Christmas cards). They had one design for each occasion and had them printed from vistaprint. The second one they did was ask people to donate old clothes/home decore/toys and sold them on eBay.I like these ideas better that buying a pen or ribbing just because it feels less commercial and I know a percentage of my donation isn't going to a manufacturer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I applaude you for trying to raise the money. My son was dxd at age 4 so recieved the funding and we purchased an iPad for him. Sometimes I think how great it would be if I could use more of his funding to buy an iPad for a child who doesn't qualify for funding

How about baking and selling to friends? A friend of mine does online auctions through Facebook to raise money for her son with CP...would that be something u could do?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default If you buy the items people sell for fundraising... (pink ribbon pins etc)

Ah-hah.. Makes perfect sense. Good luck to you!

The reason I asked your location is a friend of mine founded Army of Autism Awareness Angels, they have Facebook. They are in Adelaide, and have secured a discount on an iPad through good guys (groups cross Adelaide only)..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I know my reply might be unpopular but...

If I knew you I'd give you $10 for a bear.

If I didn't know you, and asked what you were fundraising for, and you said an iPad for your child with autism, I would probably not.

It's not that I think it's unworthy cause... I suppose, I'd just think there would be worthier ones that I could give that $10 to instead?

It wouldn't be about the teddy either way. I hate teddies and would rather not have another one in our house... lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I know my reply might be unpopular but...

If I knew you I'd give you $10 for a bear.

If I didn't know you, and asked what you were fundraising for, and you said an iPad for your child with autism, I would probably not.

It's not that I think it's unworthy cause... I suppose, I'd just think there would be worthier ones that I could give that $10 to instead?

It wouldn't be about the teddy either way. I hate teddies and would rather not have another one in our house... lol.
    I actually agree with all of this.
    I very rarely buy any of that boxed stuff, if I do it'd be no more than $5.

Good luck, I hope you manage to come up with the funds somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I agree with PP that a counsellor or similar at school maybe able to help. Do you have a local area coordinator? That may be a WA thing. If not try the autism association in your state.
    Also, I would buy a bear or what ever for this cause, it is close to my heart though!