+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Haircuts/styles for very thick, frizzy hair

I hate my hair. It is really thick and poffy and looks like crud. I can never wear it down as it just looks like a giant triangle and is not flattering at all.
    I don't know what to get done to make it look okay? Right now it is about an inch or so below shoulders in length (all one length). I have had my hair 'thinned out' before but it just made my hair poke out in weird places and didn't look nice. I've also had layers that didn't seem to improve things either - i don't know if it's just my stupid hair or the skill of the hairdresser?
    At this point i have no idea what to ask for anymore so just wear my hair up every. single. day and i'm bloody sick it. I want to have reasonable looking hair i can wear down...

Help me please, what should i do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Get it straightened? Lol I have the same problem....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I always used to straighten my hair because it was frizzy and wavy and poufy. I hated it.

A hairdresser suggested I try using a curl enhancer and now I love it. I wash in the morning, put in some leave in conditioner, some curl stuff, scrunch and that's it. 5 mins tops. I love it.

I don't know if you have a natural wave or curl but it might be worth a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Haircuts/styles for very thick, frizzy hair

Sounds like my hair. I get it cut fairly short in a concave bob. I get it thinned out so i can dry it quickly then straighten it each morning.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was going to suggest a straightener too. As much as I REALLY cant be bothered doing it, my hair looks terrible now when its not straightened. I purposely had it cut in a style that looks good straightened (with a fringe too) so I am forced to straighten it or it looks sooooo bad. When Im in a rush, I tie it up but run the straightener quickly over the wispy bits and the shorter bits that frame my face so it still looks acceptable and not a wild mess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have thought about getting a straighter but the laziness in me isn't thrilled with that option. For those who do straighten, what haircut do you have (is it thinned out? one length?).

Might try this curl enhancer, as i do have a natural wave and that sounds like less work. I'm also prefer the look of hair that isn't dead straight (although dead straight is better than frizz-bomb...)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I have thought about getting a straighter but the laziness in me isn't thrilled with that option. For those who do straighten, what haircut do you have (is it thinned out? one length?).

Might try this curl enhancer, as i do have a natural wave and that sounds like less work. I'm also prefer the look of hair that isn't dead straight (although dead straight is better than frizz-bomb...)
    My hair is cut something like this (google pic)
    bangs.jpg

Long with shorter bit on the top so I straighten it all then hit it with the hair spray and scruff that top bit up so its kinda frizzy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing for ideas. Your hair sounds like mine. I have had it chemically straightened, which lasted 3 days, and i sometimes straighten it with my ghd but it takes way too long. I've been considering dreads for a few years, but don't know anyone who does them. Frizzy, bouffy hair sucks. I only wear it down if i have run the straightener through it....i have no idea how bad it would look if i let it go natural as it's been years since i've done it!

Thanks
    Reviews

What about chemical straighten to save time?! I have long hair-no layers or anything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have heard the Keratin Straightening system is good and you can do it at home. I think the whole system is about sixty dollars and you can buy it at Priceline. It's meant to last for six months. A friend of mine has think frizzy hair and she had it done and her hair looked great, really straight and shiny