+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    God, even mild MS is awful- it's so distracting and as someone said, you can't look at so many things because it makes you feel ill. There are two things that make me feel better- saladas with vegemite and lying down!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Coping with morning sickness at work

Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Blackmores ms tablets helped me massively with the all day nausea. I find I am still vomiting but most days it is no where near as often as it was before I started taking the tablets
    I have found the blackmores tablets to be really effective as well but you have to stick with them for a couple of days before judging whether or not they work for you (taking one or two now and then won't work, you have to take them every day). I swear by them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning sickness didn't hit me unti i was in my second trimester. I found the best way for me to get around that was lavender oil. I used to smell it like crazy everytime i had it and for some strange reason it would help. not so much on eating anything specific though. Nothing i ate or didn't eat would help it go away. Is this weird?

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning sickness didn't hit me unti i was in my second trimester. I found the best way for me to get around that was lavender oil. I used to smell it like crazy everytime i had it and for some strange reason it would help. not so much on eating anything specific though. Nothing i ate or didn't eat would help it go away. Is this weird?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a good thread, thanks MrsStewart .

I'm finding different things and foods set me off at different times for ms, so one thing I find repulsive one day, I'm craving the next. I have a drawer full of snacks - all kinds of stuff from ready made meals to plain crackers, dried fruit.. you name it. So no matter what I feel like, I'm likely to have something to help with the ms. I also have oodles of tea (if you have a Tea Centre near you, their Preggars Tea is my fave for MS - real spicy with the ginger and a lovely peppermint aftertaste), soda water in the fridge for a cold fizz, bread and butter (to make toast).. everything. So far I've managed to keep the worst of it at bay by eating constantly through the worst of it. If I let myself get too empty, then I wanna hurl (and do). I'm also fortunate enough to be able to work from home at least one day a week, which cuts down on the commuting strain (I travel over 100klm to work every day, and then the same home again).

As for telling the boss, I haven't had to yet because I've been able to manage it well enough so far. I'm a senior on my team in a pretty highly stressful profession, but I've managed to get through sipping water, taking lunchtime walks (fresh air and exercise helps me with the ms, too) and just taking it easy. Biggest problem for me has been nodding off about 2:30-3pm, when I have been caught powernapping at my desk. Prior to pg I would have grabbed a V or a coffee. Obviously V is out, and I never feel like coffee anymore (woe). I wish I knew how else to stay awake!!!

I do think that if ms is affecting work, then the immediate supervisor needs to know, and know that you are doing all you can to minimise and mitigate the impact on your performance. Most bosses appreciate that we do care about our work, and are trying very hard to continue to function. I have no problem telling my boss because she's awesome, but I think if I did have a problem boss, I would still tell him or her because it would be the right thing for me to do. From there we could, hopefully, have a discussion about adjusting work loads, or hours, to best achieve results for all and ensure the productive and effective function of the unit. As previously mentioned, they must not discriminate on the basis of pg, and if for a moment I thought that was likely, I would be on the phone to HR in a heartbeat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tales For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (31-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a high stress job too and surrounded by mostly males but I told people early because I just couldn't hide the all day sickness and tiredness. I feel it has impeded my work performance but there are other issues going on which I feel has really contributed. I chew gum or have tic tacs or mints handy which have helped but now I'm finding they are making it worse. I have maxalon for when I'm really bad which is good but makes me a bit dizzy. Good luck and just remember they can't discriminate against you because you are pregnant! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been incredibly sick since week 5, & I'm now in week 17. It was 24 hours a day for about 5 weeks straight which was crippling, & it's still strong, coming on from about 2pm and getting progressively worse as the day goes on. I've tried everything, including ginger, blackmores ms tabs, maxalon etc but the only thing that has gotten me through is snacking constantly, and I've been on zofran for weeks now. It's very expensive, but worth it for even some mild relief (hasn't solved it completely unfortunately!).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have been suffering from ms and the stress of its effect on my work performance. It's only the first few days back after the holiday break I've been struggling and stressing about having to take time off to survive.

After reading the success others have had with the Sea Sickness acupuncture bands I ventured to the chemist and I can honestly say - 15 minutes later I'm feeling so much better, not perfect but I'm certainly able to focus and get on with the day.

Definitely try the bands before considering drugs, mine were about $25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is so helpful Im currently 8w4d, and have had 24/7 nausea since 5weeks. I havent been working which has made it easier to cope with the exhaustion and nausea, but Im starting a new job at 10w which is making me nervous!! Ive been feeling better the past few days so really hoping im through the worst of it, but feeling very anxious about how i will be feeling when i start my new job!! Im also worried about when i will let them know im preggie, i feel like ill need to 'prove myself first' but will just gauge things once ive started i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just gone through this With work and I sympathise with you ! I've been given 3 paid weeks of leave and unpaid after if I need. Once I am feeling up to it I can go back to work they have been so good about it. Very positive for me as I've been suffering bad with the sickness. Maybe you should just tell them as they cannot discriminate against you!! Good luck xx