+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Prinny how did you go with the blackmores tablets? I hope theyvw helped a little

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    Mrs T - i did buy the blackmores tablets but only last thursday, i have been feeling much better this week only a little spew when i got up this morning. but i forgot to take my ms tablet this morning. I think week 7-8 were the worst for me, but im hoping that its slowly going away because im feeling much better and im slowly gaining my appetite back too.

how many weeks are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Coping with morning sickness at work

I'm glad you're feeling better!! I'll be 11 weeks on Friday, how about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had terrible MS from 7-14 weeks. Didn't tell my boss till I was 18 weeks.
    I found seasickness bands on my wrists whilst at work worked great. I also sipped on ginger ale and had ginger tablets. I'd walk in the house, have a bowl of special K for dinner then be in bed by 7:30pm. My DH was great and was basically a single parent for 6 weeks with our toddler.

When is your scan? Can you perhaps get a medical certificate to say you are off work for medical reasons...then disclose the reason after your scan? MS isnt something you'd wish on anyone is it you poor thing. Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm 12 weeks and still so sick, it's so hard coming to work. My boss knows, I told him weeks ago. I think you should tell your boss. Even if they're not very understanding, they still have to know so why not tell them now?

Whilst being pregnant is not an "illness" it IS a very very big thing. I think because it's pregnancy and everyone does it, we make light of what a big deal it is. We're growing a new life inside us! We can not be expected to perform as normal.

I take blackmores tablets, ginger beer, eat regular, fruit tingles, absolutely everything, and NOTHING helps at all. I don't vomit, but the nausea is constant 24/7 doesn't let up and it debilitating.

Luckily my job is a very cushy admin job. NOOOOO way in a billion years could I function well enough to work in a high stress job.

Go to your doctor and get some zofran wafers. Tell them you need them to be able to function at work. It will get you through each day without nausea/vomitting but won't stop you being tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Drugs.

I had morning sickness from 5 weeks to 19 weeks, and then it became milder but still present until i gave birth.

I took dozile throughout (it's an antihistimine you get over the counter and take half an hour before bed and it decreases nausea for the following day).

I also took Maxalon, and then the occasional Zofran for until the bad ms ended at 19 weeks. I found I had to take Zofran as I couldn't get through the bus trip to work without throwing up. The Zofran was amazing, but expensive.

I also found sugary drinks and ice blocks helped.

But, overall, my work performance was diminished during the pregnancy, even with the drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I had severe hyperemesis until the 31st week of my pregnancy so I know how difficult it is to try and get through your normal day to day life, let alone coming across professional and not letting on to the fact that you're pregnant when all you want to do is crawl back into bed!
    I was unfortunately so sick that I had to give in and tell people. I would confide in your boss to take the pressure off of yourself. The more worried and distracted the morning sickness is making you, the more it is likely to affect your work anyway. They can't discriminate against you for being pregnant and suffering from morning sickness. You never know they may just understand and help you to arrange some good excuses to get out of the office or allow you to go home early on your really bad days. It doesnt hurt to ask. Just explain that you're telling them in confidence so nothing is said publicly until you're ready.
    I truly wish you all the best. There's nothing worse than feeling rubbish and not being able to say anything!
    Big hugs to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs t I will 10 weeks today bring on the next two already!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Coping with morning sickness at work

I went to my gp last night (i have high blood pressure ) and he said from 10 weeks onwards ms should ease and I have to admit I forgot to take my ms tablets yesterday and I still only vomited 4 times, normally its more than that with the tablets!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coping with morning sickness at work

I am 7 weeks with #4 and this is the worst ms I've had. My house is a mess but constantly feeling like I am about to throw up is not fun.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coping with morning sickness at work

I second the wafers I work in child are and the MS I had was horrid I even had to use the kids toilet lol. I told my boss made sure in a nice way that they new I was part of the union ( that helped heaps) made sure I has a big breakfast and lots of snacks on hand. Water is a big thing as well lots and lots of water. The wafers was my last resort and they still didn't work all that well but they took the edge off for most of my shift. I'm 17 weeks now and it slowed down about 14 weeks. I still get a bit queezy some days but nothing I can't handle. Good luck I feel your pain. I was so sick I was crying every night dreading work the next day from about 9 weeks.