+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane public hospitals?

Hi, can anyone tell me there experiences with brissy public maternity ward. Is it busy? What are the midwives, doctor etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

The royal or any Brisbane maternity hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Brisbane public hospitals?

It depends where you live to what hospital you are in the catchment for. I had my oldest at the mater and it was good, youngest at the logan and had an awful experience. But everyone's experience is different

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Any hospital in particular?
    I could choose between marter or Ipswich.
    I chose Ipswich.
    Loved it, when I was pregnant I really had to stress to the ob's what my worries and concerns were, they didn't seem to have much heart but the midwives were amazing!
    Once I was in labour and bub was born the pediatrics and Ob's were excellent.
    My labour went pear shaped due to some medical issues and everyone was right on it, I never experienced waiting periods.
    My aftercare was all I could have asked for, I had an unplanned c-section and they allowed my to discharge from hospital 2 days later and offered home visits from both a midwife and a registrar OB.
    I also had an operation done their 3 months ago for gynecology reasons and once again I couldn't have been happier with the care I received.
    Also the waiting period for my to get in for that operation was only 3 months.

My dd has some medical problems and we have been going to the RBH for her and they have also been excellent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had my little boy at redcliffe. They were amazing and literely saved my life. I suffered from pre eclampsia and had to be in hospital for 6 weeks prior to his birth, Thye respected my wishes for a chance to be induced and to have a vaginal birth and they really did work very hard to get me there. When things did go pear shaped they were very prompt i dealing with the situation.

I ended up needing a c section and needed resus 3 times however they saved me and it was my body failing not their lack of expertise. I am forever gratful. If you can go to redcliffe as they are amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry, I meant **what are the midwives and doctors like?
    I don't know how Brisbane hospitals work. I am from cairns where there is one hospital for the whole of the area. Does Brisbane have zoning areas? I live in the Gordon park area.
    I don't know whT hospitals are around here that I can choose to birth at. I'm only 10 weeks so I have plenty of time, but will I be on waitin list for ante natal care etc?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Royal Brisbane is your nearest. It is a very well equipped hospital. I have mainly heard good things about the staff there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had both of my children at the Royal Brisbane Hospital and found the midwives wonderful My care was fantastic and all through labour, delivery and aftercare was wonderful.
    I chose shared care, so I would see my GP for most appointments but went to the hospital for the 12 and 20 weeks scans, and I think 3 midwife appts.
    Being in Gordon Park that would be your closest hospital.
    You should see your GP who will send a referral to the hospital and then you should get a letter from the hospital letting you know when your next appt us with them.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, you would definately be zoned for the Royal.. You need to get booked into the hospital asap tho.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had my DS at the Redcliffe hospital and it was great. It did help that I knew two of the midwives before I was pregnant and then I had the midwife I saw for all my appointments.
    I had a c-sect and originally had a manual rise bed but they swapped it over to electric bed ASAP.
    All the midwives were supportive and kind, especially when I was having an emotional moment because they found a murmur in DS' heart so we had to stay another night but I just wanted out. That midwife gave me a big hug. Was really nice.