+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default The day I've been dreading - Week 1, Day 4 - Blog 13

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to start this blog. As most of you know, I had a miscarriage in March. Seven months ago yesterday, to be exact. What I haven't told you is that my due date for that pregnancy was today. Now, I know there was very little chance that my baby would actually have been born today. In fact, I had joined the November due in group in preparation for that but nonetheless over the last seven months, this is the date that has stuck in my mind. This is the date that has been on my pregnancy apps every time I tormented myself by going in to look and see how far along I "should" be. This is the date that I've been dreading.

My original plan for today was to manage one session of Zumba and spend the rest of the day curled up in the foetal position and crying. Several friends had told me this wasn't a good plan but I didn't really care, it was the plan I had. My husband (who, being a male, had no idea of the significance of today) had decided to get up early to go to Osborne Park at 8am and buy some shoes...yes, I've married a woman! I decided to tag along with him and I'm glad I did.

I didn't have time for breakfast so I took with me an apple, some crackers and cheese and some dried apricots. Things that are easy to eat on the go. We did some other bits and pieces of shopping and got home about 11am. I played some video games with friends and watched a bit of television. Anything that would keep me distracted to be honest. Then we went out to dinner, I came home and did my Zumba. Better late than never.

I actually talked to my husband today about what the day was and he was more supportive than he's ever been. He said he was glad I'd gone out with him this morning instead of staying home and wallowing. I don't know how I feel now that this day is finally almost over. I alternate between imagining how happy we should be right now to not being able to fathom being 9 months pregnant because I've never had that.

I don't know, I feel like I had a million things I wanted to say in this blog and they've all gone out of my head. I got so many wonderful and beautiful messages of support from my friends and family who all knew how hard today would be and I really appreciated that.

All in all, I spent less time being actively sad today than I expected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Bandit  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The day I've been dreading - Week 1, Day 4 - Blog 13

Hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Hun, I cried reading that, I understand totally and it is normal to feel like that. I have been there. I wanted to send a million hugs. I am so glad you got to talk to your DH, it will help you to heal. I found naming my babies also helped me. Healing doesn't mean that you forget your little one but it does allow you to move on from that deep grief stage. I am here if you need to chat or a shoulder to cry on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry for your loss, we too lost a baby and its hard when you're counting down where you should be in the pregnancy until the big date, for us it got easier after the date, I stopped counting and finally was able to close the apps and the calendars I had recorded the milestones.
    I'm glad you found your DH supportive, it can truly strengthen a relationship to be able to lean on each other.
    best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Thank you so much, lovely ladies. I really appreciate the support, it means a lot to me. There's so much that I could say but I can't really find the words to express how I'm feeling.