+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What are the chances?

Ive been diagnosed with PCOS. My Dr has given me a script for Metformin and Im being referred to a Gyno. She says the next step after Metformin is Clomid. Right now Im feeling like a failure as a woman, my body cant do what is was designed to do. Im wondering is there anyone out there who has PCOS and fell pregnant naturally, without any kind of drug or intervention? If so how long did it take? My DF and I have been trying for 15 months to have baby #1 with no success and now the diagnosis makes me believe even more that it will never happen for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Metformin is a miracle drug !!

I got pregnant first go both times on it. ( had a blighted ovum first go as I ovulated too late.)
    It is essentially falling naturally as its not an ovulation inducing drug and it corrects your hormone imbalance.

Goodluck it sucks being diagnosed with PCOS you feel like a failure as a woman but it's normally easy to get pregnant once this issue has been identified. It's the most common fertility issue and reproductive problem.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was following your diary BlueLips. Congrats on your BFP. Im still fighting with myself about starting the Metformin. I dont want to take it to be honest. Im not lucky enough to fall pregnant on it the first go. DF and I arent allowed to try anyway at the moment cos I have to lose some weight so we dont know when we will start trying again. I was kind of hoping that it would just happen, even though deep down I knew there was something wrong with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Metformin helps with weight loss. Goodluck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the chances?

Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Ive been diagnosed with PCOS.

Im wondering is there anyone out there who has PCOS and fell pregnant naturally, without any kind of drug or intervention? If so how long did it take?
    1 month the first time, 7 months the second time, and 6 months the 3rd time which sadly ended in a loss. It is possible to fall naturally with PCOS. For me after each pregnancy my PCOS also got worse, so I thank my lucky stars it only took 6 months this time even if it ended badly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkSmarties For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkSmarties View Post
    1 month the first time, 7 months the second time, and 6 months the 3rd time which sadly ended in a loss. It is possible to fall naturally with PCOS. For me after each pregnancy my PCOS also got worse, so I thank my lucky stars it only took 6 months this time even if it ended badly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Thanks hun. I guess its just a wait and see thing for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    big big hugs. When I found about I had PCOS I was pretty upset, especially after having no problems falling pregnant with number 1 and not having the same issues.

I was put on metformin, told to loose weight and eventually started clomid as I wasn't ovulating at all. I felt the same, a failure of a woman who couldn't do what I was designed/made to do, reproduce. Ironically enough I fell pregnant with number 2 after a year of trying without metformin and only took a few tablets of clomid (not the full dose) but was interrupted due to a family emergency at the time which made me forget.

The key for me to get my body and mind working correctly was firstly researching PCOS and understanding what it was, and why if effected my body so. It's based around insulin resistance, hormone imbalances which in turn effect a woman's fertility and causes these issues.

The key for me was to look and change my diet to clean healthy eating and weight loss. As much as it sucks yes loosing weight and returning my body to a healthier weight range was the key to falling pregnant.

I don't know if you are overweight, it is normally a key issue in PCOS (though not for all). I would suggest giving the metformin a go and looking at your diet - perhaps changing it to a more diabetes friendly one to help control your blood sugars. Even a few kilo loss could help. I loss 15kgs in the end over three months using metformin on and off as I can never remember to take medication. Then bam I'm currently pregnant with number 2 my body works best at a weight 75kgs or under.

FX your journey is short and you get your BFP soon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyfiasco For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

*Hugs*

I have PCOS and Endo and was lucky enough to fall pregnant naturally both times.
    First time was a surprise, second time was 7 cycles TTC, a month before I was due to have an endo excision performed to fall pregnant.

Definitely not impossible
    Last edited by MrsOhara; 28-10-2012 at 16:08.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs Hun. I was devastated when I found out I had PCOS but I now have 2 beautiful children, with one being conceived while on Clomid.

I am not insulin resistant and Metformin didn't help with my cycles so that was stopped.

But PCOS is a funny thing as I conceived my son naturally and needed gel with my daughter.

There is a great supportive community here on the hub if you are looking for support.

I so hope that now you have this diagnosis and are on medication you get that much wanted bub xx
    Last edited by Kimnus; 29-10-2012 at 03:23.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starflame sorry to hear that! I too have pcos & I just wanted to tell u that yes we did fall preg in Dec 2011 without any fertility
    treatment. I hadn't had AF for about 10-11 months so it was a huge surprise! Unfortunately we had a m/c but I've heard of heaps others with pcos that have fallen preg naturally & have gone onto have healthy bubs. We've since moved onto clomid & r hoping for another miracle soon. Good luck!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

starflame  (28-10-2012)