Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Of course she does not deserve it. But the consequences should be the same for BOTH if they are hitting. They should both be shown that neither behaviour is right.
    Yes but she's already been beaten (he wasn't beaten by her...just hit)...hence she's already had her consequence AND SOME. Do you understand?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Differences in 'abuse'.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think what D is asking (and correct me I'm wrong? lol) is it ok for her older, bigger son to hit his sister back when she hits him?
    where does strength come into it then? morally no one should be hit, and no one should hit back, regardless of who is bigger or stronger.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jinxed For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Treating your daughter more softly when she hits your son is not doing her any favours In the long run. Perhaps your son senses you arent really disciplining your daughter and is hitting her harder as a result. He has a right to ensure his sister doesnt keep hitting him, especially if his parents arent really addressing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Differences in 'abuse'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Yes but she's already been beaten (he wasn't beaten by her...just hit)...hence she's already had her consequence AND SOME. Do you understand?
    Erm.... I strongly disagree with this unless you‘re using violence to teach your kids that violence is not okay.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (27-10-2012),PomPoms  (27-10-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed View Post
    i also am speaking generally here. im no stronger than your average woman (meaning i don't do any weight training or anything), dh is strong but on a more average level (again no weight or strength training), nothing exceptional.
    The average 14 year old boy is stronger than the average 25 year old woman. That is a fact.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Differences in 'abuse'.

Ok then how would you suggest I deal with my children? When my 9 year old hits my 13 year old and he hits her back...ok she deserves it? But when she hit him (yes it's wrong) She hit him...yeh it probably hurt too, but his response is to stand over her while cowers in the corner while he lays into her. I'm actually tearing up thinking about the fear my 9 year old little girl feels when he's doing this.

Does she deserve this? Just because she hit him first?

Do you see my dilema?

ETA - I'm literally in fear too, while this is happening...because I can see a potential for him to REALLY hurt her...whereas her pititful punches did virtually nothing to him. I have to restain him from hitting her. And yes he is punished more severly than she is...would this be wrong?
    If your 13 year old turned around and smacked her ONCE back as a do not hit me response yes the other child deserved it, there is a major difference between hitting ONCE back as retaliation and 'laying into' someone, if i hit my.dp and he slapped me back i deserve it, if i hit.my.dp and he punched the **** out of me while.i was laying on the ground NO i did not deserve that

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    The average 14 year old boy is stronger than the average 25 year old woman. That is a fact.
    so?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    If your 13 year old turned around and smacked her ONCE back as a do not hit me response yes the other child deserved it, there is a major difference between hitting ONCE back as retaliation and 'laying into' someone, if i hit my.dp and he slapped me back i deserve it, if i hit.my.dp and he punched the **** out of me while.i was laying on the ground NO i did not deserve that

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    I agree with this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't agree with hitting as a consequence, or with siblings dishing out consequences.

It's one of my exemptions from my natural consequences ideals, but she IS learning she shouldn't hit people or they might bash her. I don't think that should be a lesson learnt like this though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Erm.... I strongly disagree with this unless you‘re using violence to teach your kids that violence is not okay.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub
    Er noooooo That's not what I'm teaching but you need to understand the scenario here. He's called her a fat retard or something, so her initial reaction is to say "Shut up Rhys!" Then walk up and hit him in the arm!

Then his automatic response, with all his strength and testosterone is to stand over her while she cowers in the corner and beat into her, swearing and calling her names. Once he pushed her so hard, that she was slammed into my bogan coffee table and hit her head...she was ok but she was also beside herself with FEAR. Do you understand. And yet I'm expected to punish her the same as my son? The balance is wrong. Therefore I think the punishment should be different. Like when you put kids on timeout a 3 year old would be on time out for 3 minutes and a 4 year old for 4 minutes etc...

It was that moment that I realised that he could have KILLED HER! Do you understand. Yes she hit him, but that would not have actually dont much to him...but he pushed her into a coffee table and could have KILLED HER. The balance of power is that he is bigger and stronger and more capable than she is. And yes whoever said that a 14 year old is stronger than a 25 year old...I'm telling you now very soon I won't be able to restain him anymore! I simply won't be able to have the strength to stop my son from killing my daughter, because she hit him first!

(Things are getting better around here BTW but I had to call the big guns...,his father and his step father...so I think he's starting to mature and to understand the enormity of what he was doing. At the same token my 9 year old seems to lash out less too...funnily enough)

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast