+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you still buy books?

I love books. I love reading them and I love how they sit in my book case (all haphazardly but that's how I like it!). I also love just looking at all the books and checking out which ones I can re-read.

So I bought a iPad with the intention of downloading some books to read but I just haven't done it. I just really enjoy my paper backs and don't know how to move on to the electronic versions.

So do you still buy paperbacks? Or do you just buy electronic books (is there a special term?)? Or do you do both?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still buy books! Like you I love my bookshelves and the l and smell of a new or very old book. I have bought a couple of e-books on my phone for those times when I'm out and bored but I prefer the real thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    I love books. I love reading them and I love how they sit in my book case (all haphazardly but that's how I like it!). I also love just looking at all the books and checking out which ones I can re-read.

So I bought a iPad with the intention of downloading some books to read but I just haven't done it. I just really enjoy my paper backs and don't know how to move on to the electronic versions.

So do you still buy paperbacks? Or do you just buy electronic books (is there a special term?)? Or do you do both?
    I still buy books
    I may have just received an order of about 30 from the book depository
    I think I'm an addict.
    I bought an iPad with the intention of reading Ebooks, but it really isn't the same. It's good for when some author release 'minis' that are only available on kindle though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not especially fond of e-books, I prefer a physical book. There are plenty of situations where e-books are more practical though.

That said, I've never really bought many books. As much as I'm an avid reader, I only buy books I really love. Generally I just borrow books from the library anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Since i got my kobo a year ago I have not bought one paper copy. DH is the same. I still buy books for DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only buy a hard copy book now if it isn't available in kindle/iBook format (except for cookbooks, because I like to flick through them, and they are just plain annoying in kindle form). I live in the country (there is no bookshop here), and I love that I no longer have to wait for my books to arrive in the mail (I can choose a book and start reading it straight away - yay!), and I LOVE that I am not buying more clutter for my house.

My DH and I have both started buying some of our old favourite books in kindle edition (and donating our old hard copies to the local library)...that way we are de- cluttering, and our favourite books are always there ready to go...

also, with kindle/ipad, when you go on holidays, you can take as many books as you like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I still buy paper boooks

A lot of mine have photographs or other pictures, I am also a lover of books on a bookshelf.

DP has a kindle with stacks of books, I've ummmed and ahhhhed - but he is yet to convert me.

I know it makes sense - less dust, less bulk, less to lose in a house fire etc... but I still just love snuggling with a solid book

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you still buy books?

I recently bought book 12 in the Sookie Stackhouse collection on my Nexus 7 tablet and to be honest as much as it's easier to read it on my tablet/phone nothing beats a real book, the smell, the look of it in a bookshelf. So I think I'll still buy physical copies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you still buy books?

I love the real book too but I download them. Since I download them for free and put it in my kobo. It's the cheapest option. If it's a book I know I'll re-read then I'll buy the hard cover for the bookshelf.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes! I love books!

Bought 3 this week - 3 for $10 at the supermarket. Proper ones too, not dumb ones from the 80's