+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What couldn't you live without?

I love, love, love our video baby monitor! It's the best for seeing what he's doing in bed. Especially now that he's bigger and I can have a quick look to see if I need to go in and lay him back down etc. well worth the money IMO.

And as for carriers, I have a version of a hug a bub which was awesome when he was little and I use a manduca now. I did have a mini monkey on loan for a while, but neither of us liked it. I highly recommend checking out Facebook for a local baby wearing group, they usually have librarys of carriers so you can test a few out before you purchase one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Baby carrier groups?? Gosh. I will have to do some research!!! Never heard of it.
    Thanks for advice. We have a video monitor already. Can't wait to use it! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

For ds breathing monitor, dummy & frog play gym, everything else i could do without but those three were used constantly

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Glider chair. Used it numerous times a day to feed DS. Now use it to read books before he goes to bed.

Mirror for the back of the car so you can see bub when in rear facing car seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Glider chair. Used it numerous times a day to feed DS. Now use it to read books before he goes to bed.

Mirror for the back of the car so you can see bub when in rear facing car seat.
    Mirror?? I hadn't even thought of this!!! What a great idea. Because I think ill be driving around wanting to look at her! Experience tells me this because when the dog is in the back I'm always wondering what she's up to!! 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

Ergo and woombie sleep suit.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again TamTam,
    My son has Tetralogy of Fallot, which mainly was a VSD, Pulmonary Valve too small and not formed properly, overriding Aorta and I think pulmonary stenosis. He's now 4y 9m and doing well. The HeartKids lady is on the ward a few times a week with morning tea and someone to talk to. As I said, the cardiac team are great, and we became friends with the nurses. When is your little girl due? If you're planning on staying at a motel in Brisbane while she's in hospital, Hillcrest Apartments, Diana Plaza Hotel, Mater Hill Place are a short walk. When she's on the ward in the Children's Hospital you would be able to stay with her. Let me know if I can help you with any info

Thanks
    Reviews

Hunny... Just saw your stalking post!! Haha.
    Baby is due 2 December so really anytime now!!! I'm terrified and scared at the same time!!! Thanks for advice for places to stay. We hopefully don't need it initially (see other thread) until the first surgery.

I noticed a lot of people said baby carrier was a great thing... Just wondered hunny... Did you use one?? I'm unsure if I can due to the open heart surgeries and baby position. I actually found a mini monkey sling on eBay for $10 so not a big loss if I can't use it!! Was worth a try. Thought the position of a sling would be better for recovery after surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews

We used a Baby Bjorn first and had him facing me. Later we bought an Ergo which was really good as well. Bub should be fine if she's well supported in the carrier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HunnyBunch For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I was given the fisher price lamb cradle swing and it was AMAZING! Bub loved it and usually fell asleep instantly in it. It also allowed me to get up and make myself some food or get changed and knew he was safe and comfy. Def getting one again this time around!