+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    892
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked
    746
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved the nappy wrapper. My two biggest helpers though were the swaddleme wrap and my avent microwave sterilizer. They made my life so much easier.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    439
    Thanked
    270
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not a luxury item, but what i couldn't live without, plenty of the old fashioned cloth nappies, the big square towelling ones, i used them doubled over and put them under DD's head, the ends tucked under the mattress in her bassinett, so that if there was a little spew I just quickly changed that rather than all the sheets.

    (Not sure if it technically is ok with sids recommendations because it's an extra thing in the bed, but I had it tucked under the mattress so it couldn't move anywhere).

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default What couldn't you live without?

    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    Not a luxury item, but what i couldn't live without, plenty of the old fashioned cloth nappies, the big square towelling ones, i used them doubled over and put them under DD's head, the ends tucked under the mattress in her bassinett, so that if there was a little spew I just quickly changed that rather than all the sheets.

    (Not sure if it technically is ok with sids recommendations because it's an extra thing in the bed, but I had it tucked under the mattress so it couldn't move anywhere).
    My mum gave me this exact advice. I bought some toweling nappies and am going to do this.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

    bezzy  (28-10-2012)

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Same for me re: cloth nappies. Great spew rags! There are always a few strewn around the house, lol.

    I am one of the few who has never used a carrier! Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing out on but I've never had one and have never felt the need for one.

    Our bouncer has been invaluable. DD is happy to sit in it and play with the toys on the bar while I'm pottering around.

    Also singlet suits that have press studs at the crotch to prevent them riding up like singlets do!

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    1234
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    887
    Thanked
    583
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My mum gave me this exact advice. I bought some toweling nappies and am going to do this.
    My DS is 5 and we still have and use the same cloth nappies we bought for $12, 5 years ago! They are my most favourite cleaning /mop up spills cloth!

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default What couldn't you live without?

    Ok. Sounds like cloth nappies (which I bought) and a carrier might be on the cards!!!

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Hey Tamtam, my son was born with a heart condition. Are you in Brisbane? The cardiac team here are great!!
    The best thing I have is a Zoo Feeding Pillow. I found a picture of one here:
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thorn...low/1007903915
    It was also great when DS was recovering from surgery and could rest back on it, have supported tummy time - esp with a sore chest from surgery, and also when he was learning to sit up.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Can you recommend a good pillow?? I want one but have no idea what to get

    Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    Have a look for one of these http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thorn...low/1007903915

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,395
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked
    704
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

    Thanks hunnybunch shall do pay day tomorrow, more baby shopping yay!!

    Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default What couldn't you live without?

    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyBunch View Post
    Hey Tamtam, my son was born with a heart condition. Are you in Brisbane? The cardiac team here are great!!
    The best thing I have is a Zoo Feeding Pillow. I found a picture of one here:
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thorn...low/1007903915
    It was also great when DS was recovering from surgery and could rest back on it, have supported tummy time - esp with a sore chest from surgery, and also when he was learning to sit up.
    I'm on Gold Coast. But we are coming to the mater. What condition does your son have? Our baby has been diagnosed with hypoplastic right heart syndrome with tricuspid atresia and vsd. It's good to hear what things might be good after surgeries. Her first surgery will be at about 6-8 weeks old we are told. We are trying to plan for the 'normal'.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Where do you live? Is it a good place to live?
    By Teley in forum General Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 29-10-2012, 06:09
  2. what do you live on?
    By Ishtyban in forum General Chat
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 23:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!