+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I loved the nappy wrapper. My two biggest helpers though were the swaddleme wrap and my avent microwave sterilizer. They made my life so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not a luxury item, but what i couldn't live without, plenty of the old fashioned cloth nappies, the big square towelling ones, i used them doubled over and put them under DD's head, the ends tucked under the mattress in her bassinett, so that if there was a little spew I just quickly changed that rather than all the sheets.

(Not sure if it technically is ok with sids recommendations because it's an extra thing in the bed, but I had it tucked under the mattress so it couldn't move anywhere).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What couldn't you live without?

Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    Not a luxury item, but what i couldn't live without, plenty of the old fashioned cloth nappies, the big square towelling ones, i used them doubled over and put them under DD's head, the ends tucked under the mattress in her bassinett, so that if there was a little spew I just quickly changed that rather than all the sheets.

(Not sure if it technically is ok with sids recommendations because it's an extra thing in the bed, but I had it tucked under the mattress so it couldn't move anywhere).
    My mum gave me this exact advice. I bought some toweling nappies and am going to do this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same for me re: cloth nappies. Great spew rags! There are always a few strewn around the house, lol.

I am one of the few who has never used a carrier! Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing out on but I've never had one and have never felt the need for one.

Our bouncer has been invaluable. DD is happy to sit in it and play with the toys on the bar while I'm pottering around.

Also singlet suits that have press studs at the crotch to prevent them riding up like singlets do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My mum gave me this exact advice. I bought some toweling nappies and am going to do this.
    My DS is 5 and we still have and use the same cloth nappies we bought for $12, 5 years ago! They are my most favourite cleaning /mop up spills cloth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ok. Sounds like cloth nappies (which I bought) and a carrier might be on the cards!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Tamtam, my son was born with a heart condition. Are you in Brisbane? The cardiac team here are great!!
    The best thing I have is a Zoo Feeding Pillow. I found a picture of one here:
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thorn...low/1007903915
    It was also great when DS was recovering from surgery and could rest back on it, have supported tummy time - esp with a sore chest from surgery, and also when he was learning to sit up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Can you recommend a good pillow?? I want one but have no idea what to get

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub
    Have a look for one of these http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thorn...low/1007903915

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

Thanks hunnybunch shall do pay day tomorrow, more baby shopping yay!!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyBunch View Post
    Hey Tamtam, my son was born with a heart condition. Are you in Brisbane? The cardiac team here are great!!
    The best thing I have is a Zoo Feeding Pillow. I found a picture of one here:
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thorn...low/1007903915
    It was also great when DS was recovering from surgery and could rest back on it, have supported tummy time - esp with a sore chest from surgery, and also when he was learning to sit up.
    I'm on Gold Coast. But we are coming to the mater. What condition does your son have? Our baby has been diagnosed with hypoplastic right heart syndrome with tricuspid atresia and vsd. It's good to hear what things might be good after surgeries. Her first surgery will be at about 6-8 weeks old we are told. We are trying to plan for the 'normal'.