+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A good feeding pillow. Gives you a hand free when you are trying to get the hang I breast feeding. Saves your neck and shoulder too.

Plus baby can use it later to practise sitting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What couldn't you live without?

I think it depends on the version on Baby Bjorn you get. The original (an cheapest) has no back support and all the weight of bubs is on your shoulders. I have the Bjorn active which has a back panel and distributes the weight a lot better. I used it heaps. They are pricey, I bought ours second hand on eBay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yes the new baby bjorn miracle carrier has this full on back support thing. Some people mentioned the size of baby and the carriers...
    We are having a a very little baby, she has a heart condition and will require surgeries so the size thing is not an issue. One of the things that often happen with heart babies is that they are small.
    DH didn't like the look of the ergo back support. ???
    What are these sling things???? Why is a sling and baby carrier good? Could I just get one of them? Either sling or carrier?

Ps thanks for suggestions!!! I already have a monitor thing (bought a snuza halo) and a swing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencrumble View Post
    I think it depends on the version on Baby Bjorn you get. The original (an cheapest) has no back support and all the weight of bubs is on your shoulders. I have the Bjorn active which has a back panel and distributes the weight a lot better. I used it heaps. They are pricey, I bought ours second hand on eBay
    You know what? I have never, not once, ever ever ever, seen anyone actually using that back panel properly on a Baby Bjorn. It is ALWAYS just flapping about on parents' backs...quite useless! The small amount of time I did use mine I at least tightened the straps on the back panel (not sure what 'model' I had, it was the one with the back support panel) so that there was *some* more support. Not having a go at you, just pointing this out, as I so want to go up and tell the parents doing this that they're using it wrong (never would though!). Vent over, sorry to derail the thread, OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    A good feeding pillow. Gives you a hand free when you are trying to get the hang I breast feeding. Saves your neck and shoulder too.

Plus baby can use it later to practise sitting
    Can you recommend a good pillow?? I want one but have no idea what to get

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    DH didn't like the look of the ergo back support. ???
    It's designed to distribute weight on the hips, not the back, like a backpack. For a tiny newborn a Baby Bjorn would probably be fine, so if you're getting one second hand that would be the way to go rather than forking out something that you can't use once they get to 8-12kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We tried the Ergo (before buying the Baby Bjorn instead), and didn't like it because of the lumbar support. DH found that, when he wore it, it continually made the bottom of his t-shirt ride up at the back. Up until we tried it we were pretty sold on that one. So I'd say make sure you trial the carriers before buying.

I didn't carry DD in the Baby Bjorn past 4mths, but DH did for a little longer. TBH I didn't want to be carrying around a heavier baby in ANY kind of sling though, so the Baby Bjorn was perfect while she was smaller.

Thanks
    Reviews

Great advice. We only looked at them because we like our walks on the beach with the dog! So a carrier of some sort seems like a good option. DH will be using it more than me.
    I guess if I see one cheaper at baby market then we will get one if not maybe wait til she's 'here' and try it with her!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What couldn't you live without?

I'm another baby bjorn to ergo convert! My back and neck killed once ds got a little older, even for really short distances. That's when I did some research (i'd been happy with the bb till it started to hurt!) And then bought an ergo. The feel is totally different, the weight of the baby is really evenly distributed whereas with the bb you feel it pull on your back shoulders and neck once the baby is a little bigger. I've loved my ergo but can't carry ds now at 32 weeks! I found the bb on gumtree for $50 and I think they go for cheaper than that now. I actually just bought a hugabub on gumtree for $40 for number 2 as I have no intention of using my bb again. Once they are a little bigger i'll switch to ergo although I did also get a newborn insert. Agree with pps and see if you can try a few on. I'd also be very careful about buying a second hand ergo as there are lots of fakes out there, even sometimes selling as second hand. I got stung the first time! Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Baby swing and baby sling.
    Both allowed me to get things done in the early days.
    ^^^This