+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is an easy baby.... so far! she is only 11.5 months... Has always slept through the night, shes always very content. Hardly ever cries.... im dreading her once she becomes a todddler or teen (everyone saysim going to "cop it" then!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

Quote Originally Posted by DailyDiversion View Post
    To some degree, I think this is a matter of perspective and expectation.

Both of my children have been delightful cuddly babies but they definitely aren't "convenient" by some standards. Neither of them slept through as babies (DD was 2 years old, still waiting for 10 month old DS who wakes several times a night). Both of them also never slept during the day unless they were being worn or in arms.

However, I didn't have babies expecting them to be convenient so personally didn't see this as being "difficult" just normal baby behaviour. I've just tried to enjoy the cuddles while I can knowing that all too soon they will be independent and "easy".
    I didn't expect it either, but it certainly was a "bonus" to have a baby who was very content.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DailyDiversion View Post
    To some degree, I think this is a matter of perspective and expectation.
    I didn't have babies expecting them to be convenient so personally didn't see this as being "difficult" just normal baby behaviour. I've just tried to enjoy the cuddles while I can knowing that all too soon they will be independent and "easy".
    Fully agree. Some could say a baby was high maintainence, others would classify as normal and the same baby could get called easy depending on the viewer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

I've had two highly demanding babies. Katelyn was a blissful newborn though I thought I'd hit the jack pot!!!! But she's back to waking several times a night. And honestly I can handle night waking, I did 3 years of frequency night waking, but katelyn only has a proper sleep in her cot, she's not a flexible baby, and if she doesn't get a good sleep she still just grizzles cries and screams if I put her down. She's 7.5 months now she does have good days and bad days but she is an exhausting baby.

Jasper was and is the most divine tempered child, he just survives very nicely on very little sleep but if he does need to sleep he could sleep anywhere. So at least I could plan around him. But on the flip side he was an awful newborn, cried hours and hours on end every day for 6 weeks.

I think it's easy to say "babies are babies get over it" but if you've had prolonged periods of extreme sleep deprivation I think you have the right to say "this is really really hard!!!"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (28-10-2012),peanutmonkey  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have 2 kids. DS who is 2 in 2 weeks and is a relatively easy and I have a DD who is 7 weeks old who has pretty bad reflux.

I always wanted 4 kids and I am still hoping that to have more kids, although after having DD it does make me think that this could happen again and it might be harder the next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have three boys; 4, 2 and 11 months. Each baby has been harder, so we're trying to work out if its worth going for number four! Haha
    My first was easy, very easy baby. He slept through the night at 6 weeks and never stopped unless he was sick. He'd sleep 12 hours no matter what time we put him to bed (so if we had a late night we all had a sleep in), he was just cruisy. Never had the crying periods or anything like that. He is now a fairly difficult four year old, easily went through the terrible twos and when he turned three got very trying, is starting now to get a little easier to handle

Well number two was a shock to the system. He had un diagnosed silent reflux, didn't sleep unless he was on daddy or I and not much at all in the day. But he is now nearly 3 and a delightful laid back little boy.

Number three has been by far our most difficult baby. He had silent reflux, so comfort fed constantly. Doesn't sleep at all during the day and wakes up every two hours at night, even with me right next to him, to feed. Has severe separation anxiety with me, wont even let anyone else look at him. So I'm hoping that he's the hardest baby will mean he's the easiest when he's older hash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    SO far I've had 2 easy babies. Both good sleepers, both fell int a routine really quickly, both never really cried, both ate well.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I think it's easy to say "babies are babies get over it" but if you've had prolonged periods of extreme sleep deprivation I think you have the right to say "this is really really hard!!!"
    Exactly! I could list the issues we had but I won't, i know there are parents out there with serious issues who struggle daily. But the first year of dd2's life was my personal hell, she didn't sleep or eat, dd1 was unwell and i was unwell, DH was working a high pressure job and trying to keep afloat at home. It was so hard I definitely have earned the right to say it! I guess I hoped for a convenient baby but I never expected it to be so rough.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh my gosh wow. This exactly describes me and my boys! DS1 and I clash, he is such a daddy's boy, don't get me wrong I love him and adore him and we're very close but I too had an instant connection with DS2 from the second he was placed in my arms it was like he had been there forever, he is only 2 but with him, it's easy where as DH has always found things easier with DS1. It's funny I've never heard someone describe exactly what I feel and then go through something similar
    oh wow that's so cool!!! I was just saving you the trouble of typing it up yourself lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

Though funny talking to other mums they ask "how'd they sleep last night" " not so bad "they slept through" "ermm no...no.... but they only woke a few times each" Oh dear. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Dd wax easy. Very easy. I am scared to have another because I get it will a horrid little thing. Lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast