+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

Horrible first and semi Angel second. DS didn't sleep through until he was 18months newborn DD sleeps almost through at 5 weeks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Only got one so far and she was the easiest baby. Slept through from 8 weeks, before that only ever woke once a night. Never had any issues with her at all

Im sure the next one will be awful lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was difficult. He wasn't a sleeper. DD was awesome, mostly self settles. She is only difficult when she is sick which at the moment is a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

To some degree, I think this is a matter of perspective and expectation.

Both of my children have been delightful cuddly babies but they definitely aren't "convenient" by some standards. Neither of them slept through as babies (DD was 2 years old, still waiting for 10 month old DS who wakes several times a night). Both of them also never slept during the day unless they were being worn or in arms.

However, I didn't have babies expecting them to be convenient so personally didn't see this as being "difficult" just normal baby behaviour. I've just tried to enjoy the cuddles while I can knowing that all too soon they will be independent and "easy".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DailyDiversion For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (27-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it just comes down to personalities. Some personalities are easy/difficult to get on with, two personalities gel/don't gel.

I got one tough one, dd1, she has always been a challenge, very sensitive in thought, deed and body. Things have to be 'just so' for her. Too much noise/light/warmth and she can't sleep. She is a terrible patient. She has food allergies and intolerances, she gets skin problems from heat and clothes. She is sensitive in so many ways and you can't take anything for granted with her.

Dd2... well my friend calls her the "golden child", she's a delight 90% of the time and if she's upset at something its usually justified. She was pretty tough going for the first year of her life but she came good before her first birthday.

When DD2 was born and I first laid eyes on her (literally) I just recognised her, like I was meeting up with an old friend. I didn't feel that with DD1, of course I love her to bits but actually getting along with her has been hard work. On the other hand DD1 & DH just understand each other, there is no effort involved. He understands what makes her tick, I understand DD2. personality has so much to do with it in my experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyDiversion View Post
    To some degree, I think this is a matter of perspective and expectation.

Both of my children have been delightful cuddly babies but they definitely aren't "convenient" by some standards. Neither of them slept through as babies (DD was 2 years old, still waiting for 10 month old DS who wakes several times a night). Both of them also never slept during the day unless they were being worn or in arms.

However, I didn't have babies expecting them to be convenient so personally didn't see this as being "difficult" just normal baby behaviour. I've just tried to enjoy the cuddles while I can knowing that all too soon they will be independent and "easy".
    Exactly this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and no.

Ds was a quiet content baby but has never slept all the way though (even now at 3 yrs) and was/is in and out of hospital and doing tests and having many injections for his very serious medical condition he was also very clingy to me.

Though through it all he is a happy boy and was a very easy baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I've had both. DD1 was a difficult baby. DD2 was a dream. But they kind of swapped during the toddler years.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think you shouldn't base your decision on what your first one was like.
    Mine are completely different, first slept and ate that's it. DS on the other hand since birth only had one nap a day and is so lively.
    That said I think we as parents are different, the first is so stressful even if they are good, the second time round you know what to expect, so even though my second is so full on I still find it easier the second time round.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post

When DD2 was born and I first laid eyes on her (literally) I just recognised her, like I was meeting up with an old friend. I didn't feel that with DD1, of course I love her to bits but actually getting along with her has been hard work. On the other hand DD1 & DH just understand each other, there is no effort involved. He understands what makes her tick, I understand DD2. personality has so much to do with it in my experience
    Oh my gosh wow. This exactly describes me and my boys! DS1 and I clash, he is such a daddy's boy, don't get me wrong I love him and adore him and we're very close but I too had an instant connection with DS2 from the second he was placed in my arms it was like he had been there forever, he is only 2 but with him, it's easy where as DH has always found things easier with DS1. It's funny I've never heard someone describe exactly what I feel and then go through something similar

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub