+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What seems like a difficult baby will pass in time, and then there will be different challenges that pop up- I wouldn't base my decision whether or not to have a second bub in whether or not the first was a difficult baby. If you can, it is great for kids to have a sibbling, in my experience. Although I am sure only kids are happy too, I am just speaking from my own experience They can all be challenging at times. My first was active, into everything, disliked the pram and car seat and was difficult to settle during the day, which made it very difficult when number 2 came along only 17 months later. But, now, I have had 3, and whilst there are still difficult days, I try and take it in my stride, and I wouldn't change a thing. My active, unsettled baby is now a gorgeous 6 year old doing well at school and is a very nice person all round Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

My first was a very easy baby, he would eat and sleep she still is easy. My second he was very hard, the first 6 weeks were hell screaming all day/night. Finally got reflux meds and now @ 8 weeks much better but still clingy and being my last I don't mind

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews

My DS was hard. He had colic and reflux. My dd has reflux but not as bad as DS she was a lot easier. She slept more an anywhere. Every baby is dif

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

My first was the easiest baby ever. Never cried, could put herself to sleep from 8 weeks, slept through at 4 months, and at 4.5 years of age, has never had a major tantrum. Her longest tantrum was 5 minutes.

My son is a different story, he is only 2.5, but so different. Sleeping is worse, much more stubborn temperament and just harder in every aspect, apart from food. He is the best eater, will eat anything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have had easy babies as such no reflux and no allergies/intolerances but they both have their own idiosyncratic behaviour.

But I think parenting choices definitely plays a part in responding to babies needs.

If you expect babies to sleep 10-12 hrs straight from 6wks in their own bed, self settle and eat well all the time then you are doomed to never be happy. But if you take each day and phase as they come then it's easier and life not so hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

I had a very challenging baby, but he was later diagnosed with Aspergers and most of his issues and challenges were because of that. He is now a delightful 5 year old who I wouldn't change for the world!

Thanks
    Reviews

My twins were (and still are!) very difficult.
    BF every 2 hours, severe reflux and weight issues, lactose intolerant and didn't sleep through until around 14 months old. Was harder as I didn't have a supportive partner then and became a single mum shortly afterwards. Then came the night terrors where they would scream all night and now at 3.5 the massive tantrums and disobedience (since becoming pregnant they know I can't keep up with them and play on it).

Reading through that I'm thinking "And I'm having another why....?"
    One newborn and a fantastic partner is surely going to be easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?

Edit - double post
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 28-10-2012 at 17:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has been a difficult baby, and like you Cuddles I'm doubting having another!
    Reflux and major sleeping issues for the first four months, feeding difficulties and a problematic hernia. And she has always been a clingy mummies girl who hates strangers, hates cuddles and kisses and has chucked temper tantrums from pretty much the day she was born lol! Saying that I wouldn't change her for the world, she is smart and loving in her own way and will be a delightful child one day...
    If we have another it will be in a few years, I don't think I could handle another yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First was difficult! Colicky, bad sleeper, catnapper....got a lot better at 6mths old thankfully!
    Second was a breeze by comparison, a great sleeper, great feeder, so content and easy going.
    I am so glad it happened in that order, we learnt all the tips and tricks first time around.