+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    This is true, theb some of their sizes are whack the other way, I brought 000's for DS3 who is still on size 0000 in a lot of things and it was too small, had to return it for a 00! He's only 5kg at 8 weeks old!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It's crazy hey! I gave up trying to guess sizes when I was there and now I buy them in all sizes, and just measure them against my target clothes when I get home and sort them that way.

Just started using comfy bot and they are great

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gumtree is great and there are also alot of local pages set up on Facebook with baby/children's things.

Funny I never had problems with big w 0000s. I wonder if the summer stuff is sized differently. Dd is very skinny (4.7kg at 12 weeks) so I hold everything against her to check sizing lol

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

on a sandy beach!
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We spent about 5k I would say roughly.

Boori sleigh cot set with draws and change table $1100 with mattress
    Cariboo basinette and mattress $140 i think
    Little lamb swing (I cant remember the price sorry)
    Avent breast pump (I later ended up buying a medela and was so angry with avent one once i got home i chucked it in bin)!!
    Glass bottles $40 for 6 bottles.
    Steralizer $14
    ergo on special $90 because the new "anti copy" logo came out
    the baby blanket i wanted $100. I own ONE baby blanket not 10-20. its been washed about 5 times and its fantastic. my DD is 15 weeks old. its more like her quilt.
    Baby bag $250 on special (oroton)
    Emmalunja pram $2100
    Mountain buggy pram $500
    Hired car capsule and we got meridian car seat. this time around i will just buy the car seat!
    cloth nappies $300
    Clothes- i dont even want to list
    Headbands I dont even want to list

I didnt go private first time.. but im pregnant again (due march) so i will be selling both prams to get a different one.

I really think RESEARCH is best.. i have bought so much extra stuff because the stuff i thought i wanted at first i had to replace. if you want to spend the money do it. DO NOT hesitate.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think that's a fair estimate. There was an almost 9 year gap between ours so we needed everything too and a long wait meant that I had time to research and have some preferences but we could definitely have gone cheaper had we wanted or needed too. I haven't added it up and I'm sure I will have forgotten some things but off the too of my head

Bugaboo cameleon 3 $1500 + parasol a and liner which was another $100 or so
    Nursery furniture set $1200
    Baby mat/play gym $100
    Meridian car seat around $300?
    Ergo carrier $170 with infant insert
    Swaddles x2 $90
    Bouncer $40
    Breast pump spectra $180
    Breast feeding pillow $70
    High chair ikea $30
    Tetra snuggle bed $120
    Clothes around $300?
    Thermometer $70
    Towels and blankets, sheets, wraps $200
    Nappy bin $100
    Lamp $120
    Oi oi leather nappy bag $260
    Bottles for EBM $40 (closer to nature)

We were gifted lots of clothes, our nursery manchester and accessories, baby swing, baby bath, bassinet, toys, teddies

We also purchased a king bed this week because it turns out our baby likes to sleep with us and we wanted as much space as possible, which also meant all new linen etc. just another unforeseen expense that caught us by surprise.

I also hired an independent midwife for our maternity care and birth, antenatal visits were covered by Medicare, birth at her centre was $2000.

Next time we wouldn't bother with a snuggle bed and bubs hated the bassinet. The swing (gifted) I would buy a million times over, it's been a god send! We also have only used the gifted bath once because bubs prefers to shower or bathe with us. The breastfeeding pillow was useless for feeding but perfect for sleeping during pregnancy and beyond.

Also don't buy too many nb nappies in advance. My first child was 7 pounds, second over 9 so he grew out of the newbie size before we used the jumbo huggies box! Now we are only buying one box at a time because he's growing so quick! We do however buy wipes in bulk as we will always need them.
    Last edited by Mathermy; 16-08-2013 at 15:07.