+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clareybear83 View Post
    Does anyone know when the baby sales for target, big w and so forth are on?
    Big w kids and baby sale is on now till I think the 21st....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpmakes2 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (12-08-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I spent $800:
    Pram - $400
    Cot and Mattress - $250
    Car seat - $150

I was given a $150 bassinet and a change table as well though.

Sent from my talky stick

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh for clothes I think I have spent about $100, but was given so so much for bub. The only clothes for me I bought were a pair of maternity jeans which I had a uni discount for and a couple of $8 Kmart feeding bras lol.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah you did well to save that. I havnt saved much at all as medical expenses this year was ridiculous but worth it. Having bought a lot of things before mat leave starts will definitely help. I've only got a few small items left to buy. Also will be paying off a car when we receive our tax return this will help hugely and save us $670 a month plus interest. I will be on half pay for about 5 weeks or so well till PPl starts so am no longer stressing as I was months ago as things are falling into place and are manageable. Will buy some boxes of nappies this week too, just not sure how many to get. I like stylish stuff too I just buy a mixture of cheaper stuff and then the stuff I like
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    We saved $10k which will incl medical expenses ($4). I am hoping to have change at the end of that which we will continue to use for bubs expenses whilst I'm on mat leave. But I am trying to limit additional costs during this time by buying in advance. I do however gravitate toward stylish items which have a higher price tag unfortunately so you can spend much less. Buying as much as I can second hand too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd advise to look out for specials on nappies and buy a few boxes if ur using normal ones. Newborns go through heaps but also grow a lot at the start. Wipes too!

My 4 siblings and parents + inlaws got us alot of stuff so we only bought a pram and car seat from our own money. Pram was $179 from an online ebay store shipped from qld...brand new. Car seat was $60 because that model was discontinued and I used $10 voucher from target you get in that bounty bag from your maternity hospital.

We were given money to buy a boori cot from baby bunting for $600 mattress was $150..it converts into a bed too. Will be great for future (I hope!) Babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For wipes can I suggest big w - they have boxes of 8 big packs of curash wipes for $24, these are normally around $9 a pack at woolies. I also found coles comfy bot newborn nappies fantastic.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are interested Woolies have huggies nappies on sale until tomorrow for $29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by clareybear83 View Post
    Does anyone know when the baby sales for target, big w and so forth are on?
    Big w have one on at the moment. Nappies etc all on sale, snugglers at $19.95 for a bulk box.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just on the big w sale.... be careful of their sizes! I got a few 0000 suits from there and they are MASSIVE. Easily bigger than the 000s from Target.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Just on the big w sale.... be careful of their sizes! I got a few 0000 suits from there and they are MASSIVE. Easily bigger than the 000s from Target.
    This is true, theb some of their sizes are whack the other way, I brought 000's for DS3 who is still on size 0000 in a lot of things and it was too small, had to return it for a 00! He's only 5kg at 8 weeks old!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app