+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Favourite toys for a girl aged 15 - 24 months

I need inspiration for gifts for my dd for Christmas. She will be 15 months old at that time. What sort of toys do your little girls play with from that age til they turn 2?

I'm struggling to remember what my ds played with at that point and girls are different anyway, so I'm wondering what your little girl liked at that age.

She has megabloks (my 1st blocks), a push along pram/walker and I'm ready for playdough for her when she's ready (not quite yet). I think most of her little toys are a bit young for her now and I'm not sure what the next 'stage' of toys involves. She has some musical type toys and little cars/etc to push along and oodles of soft toys, books, balls, etc thanks to having a big brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Apart from things you already have,
    DD really loved her toy kitchen and play food and groceries/shopping basket. She still plays with them now at nearly five.

Dress ups are also popular here.

ETA- but all time favourite toy from then until now is her cosy coupe car. When she was about 18 mths she would spend ages just getting in and out of the car.

A smart trike is also good for that age bracket.
    Last edited by DailyDiversion; 27-10-2012 at 09:42.

Thanks
    Reviews

DD at 19 months loves her pram and pushing her various dollies and soft toys around in it. Also her little shopping trolley and wheelbarrow.
    She's also crazy for her learning apps on the iPad.
    And the Tupperware drawer is getting a workout again but things are all ending up with their lids ON now rather than thrown randomly around the room!
    Also getting lots of use from the slide and cubby house out the back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for the suggestions. Funny that you mentioned tupperware Pipsicle that was what she was happily playing with when I read your reply .

Anyone else got any more thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DD is 21 months so a bit older but she loves wooden puzzles, books, she has a piggy bank she puts the coins in and it makes music. She loves this lawn mower thing that she can walk with and it blows bubbles. She also loves her little pram and her"baby". She has just started drawing with the draw and wipe books they can just be used over and over. Also the things that you match the shape up and put them in the bucket. Hope this helps