+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My kids are SO NOISY!

I think I have the noisiest kids on the planet. I cannot hear my husband at home, we are always shouting over the kids and saying" I can't bloody hear you "

My life is just one big noise.. My DS1 has started making death metal sounds from his throat about anything From cookies to dogs DS2 is a 24:7 high pitch screamer , same scream happy or sad.

how long does this noisy stage last? They are 3 and 18 months . Loud is not the word , it's like they both have megaphones strapped to their gobs ! Oldest has ASD so will not stop when told and youngest just screams louder when told to stop. It's funny but the neighbours must hate us.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not sure when it stops but I feel your pain! I only have one 18 mo DS who is the biggest screamer, but like happy "ahhhhhh I'm playing with a car" noise. Maybe it's a boy thing haha

Thanks
    Reviews

You need to teach them. I have 2 step daughters who when at their mothers house yell and scream etc and it sounds like you are at a 3 year old party 24/7. Yet at our house we have inside and outside voices and a no squeeling rule- it takes a lot of effort and continual reminder and we even did a reward chart but our house is far more pleasant. It will be harder with an ASD child but classrooms full of ASD children have quiet time so it can be taught

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes it does come with age, somewhere around 3-4.