+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Week 1 (#2): 3 days down, 4 days until next weigh-in

Tonight i did the "Ripped" DVD. I loved the first section with the Toning Sticks but am considering trying to get hold of the next size up as my arms arent burning as much now as i think that they should. I found i could follow along with most of the choreography and only smacked myself in the head with my stick once

The Sentao section with the chair was way more complicated than i expected. I can totally see how with practise it will supercharge the toning and building of my core muscles (goodbye tummy, love handles and back fat!) but at my current skill level i found that i was so uncoordinated and the moves were so specific that i didnt keep my heart rate very high. In the "normal" Zumba workouts even if i dont get the moves right, i am still moving and grooving so i keep my heart rate high and keep burning those calories.

So until i get a bit more comfortable with the footwork and manage to keep up with the speed of the footwork then i might just stick to Activate, Exhilarate, Rush & the Toning Sticks section of Ripped. Oh, and i want to check out Mix and Party at some stage too, probably to shake things up a bit in a few weeks time.

It was sooo funny tonight doing the Sentao routine. My sister had popped over and sat in the lounge watching me. We both collapsed into fits of giggles when i first attempted the leg-lifting manouvre. The speed at which Beto and the dancers lift their legs up and down is phenomenal, i just looked like a dog with a fire hydrant... IYKWIM!

I havent laughed so much in so long, i actually had tears in my eyes and it made my stomach hurt! So i got the desired result, just not in the manner intended, hahahaha!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You're so brave doing your work out with an audience, even if it is your sister.

Lol at hitting yourself in the head, it hadn't occurred to me that this was a risk. I'll be sure to look out for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This morning was so much fun! My sister (same sister from last night, laughing with me at my attempt to do Sentao) and another friend both came over and we did the Activate workout together. I cleared space in our open plan kitchen/dining/lounge area and shifted the TV in from another room. It was great! The privacy of my home but the atmosphere of a class! We all laughed at ourselves everytime we got messed up (which was often) and still worked up a good sweat.
    All up i now have 7 friends/family that have decided to join me on tuesdays and/or saturdays for some Zumba fun! Will be funny to see how we all fit in if they all come on the same day. I cant wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow you are doing so great. You are a inspiration to me.

Thanks
    Reviews

And you inspire me too! To overcome what you have experienced and to still be motivated to do something like this challenge is amazing! Your kids will be so proud of you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Yeah, Ripped is pretty hardcore. My advice is to try Sentao again. I was way better at it tonight than I was the first time. Don't forget that it's not about giving you a high calorie burn, it's about building muscle which is so important when it comes to weight loss!

Also, I ordered the heavier toning sticks on Friday from the Zumba online shop. I'll let you know how I go when they arrive if you like.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hit my first barrier yesterday. Got stuck late at church (DH helping out with some technical stuff) so didn't have time to do my workout before going to work. Planned to do it when I got home at 11pm but got stuck late at work too so not home until 11.30pm so decided that yesterday would be a rest day.
    Today I planned to do Ripped while Jackson slept but he refused his sleep until the point where I only had time left to do Rush then have a quick shower, pack my lunch and dinner bag, type this quick update then get Jackson up to go and give him to my mum and go to work. Which is where I am off to now!
    I used the Toning Sticks while doing Rush to try and compensate for not doing Ripped and it seems to have worked... Feel the burn baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Good on you for finding the time to do it, though! Great idea using the toning sticks for Rush, too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Wow you are so busy and you still managed to do your workout. Well done.