+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    GM01 YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Well done, that is no easy feat

My little boy also spent time in NICU while I spent many hours day and night milking myself. He had EBM for 3 months until my milk just dried up but under the circumstances I have to be happy with that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ive made it to 6 months!!!

Thanks everyone! And extra congrats to those pumping too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myusernamewoohoo View Post
    It's so nice to read this .
    I have tried many times to b/f but it's just so painful I gave up and was shattered .
    Anyway I'm pregnant again and I'm gonna try one last time .
    I hope I can write the same post as this further down the track xx
    Maybe just tell yourself you are going to do it this time. Have faith in yourself and not plant seeds of doubt in your mind with words like try.

Please don't take that as a criticism as that is by no means what I am trying to do. I read an article somewhere (can't remember where) that mothers who are showed how to prepare a bottle of formula before leaving hospital with their newborn were less likely to succeed at breastfeeding than those that were not. Basically it planted doubt in their minds and set them up to not succeed.

Congrats to all those who have made it to 6 months. You should be extremely proud of yourselves.

My beautiful little boy is 3 weeks old and bfing sucks (pardon the pun) at times and reading posts like this keeps me going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sitting here tonight feeling very proud of myself too ... DS is 6 months old today and we've managed 6 months of BF.

It was a rocky road ... I had pre eclampsia, was put on bed rest for 11 weeks and went blind in one eye four days before his scheduled delivery ... 10 hours in hospital waiting to see if they had to deliver him under a GA. I had crap supply in hospital and he was sup fed because his BSL was so low that he almost ended up in SCN.

Factor in his silent reflux, me being sick and all of my health professionals recommending comp feeding .. Which we had to do for a while ... Even I'm amazed that at 5 weeks we could drop the formula and exclusively BF. Then the fun really started - oversupply, mastitis, a baby that would only sleep on my chest ... Me cracking up in tears at the child health nurse office and eventually being admitted to the Ellen Barron Family Centre to try and reduce his 10 - 12 feeds per day at 5 months down to something more manageable ...

So here we are ... 5 to 6 feeds a day, waking 1 to 3 times a night (instead of 7 or 8) and I am so proud of myself ... And I know I can keep going now.

Sorry for the long missive. Sometimes on this BF journey it seems easier to give up. But I made it. Intact. Amazing!
    Last edited by Toomanyboys; 20-11-2012 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats ladies....ppl never tell u how hard bf can be.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ive made it to 6 months!!!

Congratulations everyone! It's such an amazing feeling and you all should be VERY proud!
    It's so so so hard, no one ever tells you what it's going to be like either!
    It's the best thing you can for your baby and when you look back, it's crazy how quick the time has passed even though at the start you may have been brought to tears (like me!) by even thinking about bfing for 1 more day!
    Super happy vibes to you all!