+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Positive stories of mums doing their best xx

After reading some negative comments towards some mummies, I thought it might be nice to get some positive vibes going. I think, as mums, we can often be our own worst enemy. Like judging each other for how we parent, what we feed our kids, work versus SAHM, and recently I learnt that some even get judged for the pram they use. How about seeing the good in mum's? God knows, all we really want is for our children to be happy, secure and loved.
    Today, I took my 5 month old to the shops and it was raining. I couldn't get a park close to the door so had to make a run for it, with bub in my arms, in the rain. I felt like a horrible mother getting him all wet. I threw the only thing I had (a used spew rag!) over his head and made a run for it. The whole way I was thinking "I'm a bad mum, he is going to get sick, what will people think?". I finally made it inside, and took one look at my little boy, and he was laughing, a great big belly laugh. My heart melted! He was happy and safe and gorgeous. I am doing the best I can and I am so lucky.
    Anyone got any positive stories about yourself as a mum, or another mum you know or have seen?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (27-10-2012),Gothel  (26-10-2012),Happy2be3  (26-10-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (27-10-2012),misskittyfantastico  (26-10-2012),Purple Lily  (26-10-2012),shelle65  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why so serious?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

FindMyLunch  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm curious OP, do you own a Strider?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just trying to be positive, not serious! Sorry for the confusion 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pram thread was everyone having a laugh at how *some* parents judge parents on their prams (I have no idea who these parents, aside from knowing they frequent pram forums).

I think you were the only one upset by it. It really wasn't serious at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    The pram thread was everyone having a laugh at how *some* parents judge parents on their prams (I have no idea who these parents, aside from knowing they frequent pram forums).

I think you were the only one upset by it. It really wasn't serious at all.
    It can be really hard to read peoples tones on forums and the intended funny can end up being not so funny for some.

The OP is entitled to her feelings and to her thread.

OP

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (26-10-2012),MsImpatient  (27-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Positive stories of mums doing their best xx

Nah moosey it wasn't serious, it's a bit of an in-joke ATM, you might have seen a few threads about bogans and coffee tables, and now prams too, all tongue-in-cheek joke-of-the-week stuff. Don't worry about it, I'm sure there have been a few others reading along thinking

Thanks
    Reviews

im just a mum, day in and day out, and i am the best mum to my children, no one can be any better than me.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel very proud of myself as a mum to be accomplishing exclusively breastfeeding my baby, and that despite vomiting issues which led to some medical professionals giving me advice which I knew was not going to work, and would end this special relationship I have with my little girl.

I was also shocked at myself that on the second day of her life in the maternity ward full of crying babies, when I was in a breastfeeding talk there and bub was getting her hearing test done, when DH wheeled her bassinet down the hall I heard her crying and immediately knew instinctively that it was my baby 💓

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Whitman  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love your walking in the rain story ! You sound like a lovely mum xxx