+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How do you think you come across to other people?

I always get funny looks when out with my dd, I think it's because I look about 15 years old and am shorter than most of the teenagers today!
    Don't have friends; people seem to think i'm a b#@$h because I tell the truth and a sl@t because I get along with men better than women.

Life; it's what happens when you're making other plans
    Last edited by miztrezz; 27-10-2012 at 06:43.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to miztrezz For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you think you come across to other people?

No idea if its still the same but in high school I have been told I am intimidating and confident because I am very forward and friendly to anyone. I'm definitely not confident I just was happy to talk to anyone haha

At uni this year most of the people I've met thought I was a school leaver and were surprised to hear my age and that I have a son.

I've also had my male friends ask me why I'm not like most girls, apparently I act like a bloke. Whether that's good or bad I don't know...

So I'm an intimidating, young looking masculine girl? Meh lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Fascinating thread!!

I struggle to think how I come across to others. I am friendly, but it doesn't come easily to me with people I don't know as I'm shy in those situations but I work hard at it. I often get comments about my clothes and hair. I like retro, funky and feminine clothes and have quite a dramatic haircut which is currently a bright colour. A couple of tatts and my nose is pierced. So I think people see me as a bit of a funkster - but quickly learn that I am a highly anxious people pleaser and very professional in my job. Someone once told me I was an oxymoron. Still unsure if it was a compliment or an insult...

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I am forgettable. Sounds silly but I think it's true. I've met this one particular lady about 10 times and each time she has absolutely no idea who I am. And ppl I spent 13 yrs at school with barely remember me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am told that I come across as up myself and snobby, however, that is not the case at all.

I wish I knew what it is that I do to give people this impression as I hate people perceiving me that way.

When I try to be concious of it, I seem to do worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    I think I am forgettable. Sounds silly but I think it's true. I've met this one particular lady about 10 times and each time she has absolutely no idea who I am. And ppl I spent 13 yrs at school with barely remember me.

Are you introverted? It's easy to blend into the background when society seems so focused on extroverted and opinionated/loud people. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post

Are you introverted? It's easy to blend into the background when society seems so focused on extroverted and opinionated/loud people. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.
    I don't really think I'm terribly introverted but I guess it can take a while for me to be comfortable around new people so that could be it.
    I've never been someone to have a huge group of friends, just a handful of really special people who I'm close to, so maybe I don't make much of an effort.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How do you think you come across to other people?

My best friend often describes me as ostentatious...I'm still trying to work out if she's complementing me or not lol.

In my head I think I come across as direct, logical and that one person you don't want to make mad. Kind of the 'she'll tell you off and all with a smile' woman. I will admit I can be 'in your face' a little bit if I'm in one of those moods.

Appearance wise most people assume I'm a bogan with little to no education (a judgement I've gathered since most are shocked when they realise I'm not what they expected....) I assume it's because I have non-coverable, highly visible tattoos and I have a 9 yr old at 26. Go figure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I think I come across as either super introverted or a complete b!tch. I'm painfully shy and I hate talking to people I don't know. I go bright red and can't talk properly. I hate work meetings when I'm asked to say something and I know these people!

Once people get to know me they say I have an awesome poker face and a great (sarcastic and quick) sense of humour. DP can never tell if I'm joking about something or not :-)

I have a hard time getting to know people as I've had so much judgment about being a lesbian that I find it hard to let go and see what they think. I don't care if they don't like me for who I am but all the negativity can get you down sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well, when they find out I'm a single parent- they go, oh. When they find out that we have nothing to do with FOB, they go OH. They find out I live with my parents, it's OOOOH! From there, I'm afraid I can't come back from. I try to remind myself daily that "the people that matter, don't mind. The people that mind, don't matter".