+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How do you think you come across to other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I come across as someone who is insanely finicky about spelling and grammar, hideously skeptical about everything, and weirdly obsessed with costume parties and wine.

I just don't know how everyone gets it so wrong...
    Stolen. My. Identity.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (26-10-2012),lambjam  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Same here.
    To be honest, I don't care what others think of me
    Ahhhhh and that's where we differ! I'm painfully conscious of what people think of me. Thought I'd be over it by now.....but nope.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I have a Pandora bracelet, coffee table, down lights, and my children can often be caught in Pumpkin Patch clothing, so I assume I come across as a bogan.

Oh but I don't have a Strider, I have Bugaboos, as well as an excessively expensive watch and I love Jigsaw dresses so that must make me a pretentious snob.

Then again I usually have 13 month DD in the Ergo, rarely straighten my hair and often favour handmade goods, so I must be a crunchy mummy.

Oh I give up.
    Lol.

I also own a pandora bracelet, coffee table but my kids are rarely in pumpkin patch. No Strider either.

I'm not sure how I come across. I'm always dressed neatly and conservatively with make up on. I never swear, mind my p&qs and my kids are always neat (as possible).

Wallpaper I guess. I used to be so different.

I'm always looking to meet new people but I find so many other mums very unfriendly. No one says hi or smiles when eye contact is made. I have more luck with childless people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Ahhhhh and that's where we differ! I'm painfully conscious of what people think of me. Thought I'd be over it by now.....but nope.
    Well aren't you lucky I think you are awesome

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I come across as someone who is insanely finicky about spelling and grammar, hideously skeptical about everything, and weirdly obsessed with costume parties and wine.

I just don't know how everyone gets it so wrong...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I don't really know, but probably as though I don't care (which I don't!) as I always go straight from the gym in my sweaty clothes to the park or shops! Apparently that is not acceptable to some people I also am hopeless at fashion. I have no interest in clothes. I live in jeans and jumpers in winter, and shorts and shirts and thongs in summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's hard to gauge after weight loss, because once you've always been "the fat girl," that kind of emcompasses every part of who you are. Now I don't think "fat" would be hte first word people would use to describe me, I'm really not sure what they'd think.

A lot of people comment on my dresses randomly to me (not exclusively rockabilly/pinup anymore cos I don't think it matches my short hair... lol), so I assume people think I dress nicely most of the time.

I think I come across as younger than I am too... except perhaps if I'm wearing my glasses. I think I come across as older with them on.

A school friend said to me yesterday, "You're so caring Stace... you're such a kind friend." I was quite confused because if anything, I thought I'd come across as a bit of a b*tch (I swear and like to talk about stabbing things/people who annoy me... lol. Just my way of saying, "I hate that," I suppose, and of course it's a joke, but still thought it'd come across as a bit crazy and unnecessarily mean).

I think "strange," is another one people would use.

I don't think I've ever been really treated like a scummy younger mother. I've always made sure that Chanel and I have been relatively well-dressed so we don't get that negative stigma attached.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I really have no idea. I THINK most people I'm my circles like me but maybe they don't.I have been told I'm quite blunt, friendly, easy going etc.

I have friends and people seem to respond well to me at work, mums at school etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

To be honest I don't know anymore nor do I care.
    I've been judged for putting my family before my friends and made out to be a b!tch for it.

So I stopped socializing with those friends. I probably come across as an unfriendly recluse these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    A school friend said to me yesterday, "You're so caring Stace... you're such a kind friend." I was quite confused because if anything, I thought I'd come across as a bit of a b*tch (I swear and like to talk about stabbing things/people who annoy me... lol. Just my way of saying, "I hate that," I suppose, and of course it's a joke, but still thought it'd come across as a bit crazy and unnecessarily mean).

I think "strange," is another one people would use.
    Haha.. this is actually similar to me. Me saying i want to stab some one or set them on fire is just my way of saying i don't like them.

People that know me somewhat label me 'weird'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast