+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How do you think you come across to other people?

I have been told a few times that people find me intimidating.I find this amusing given that I am very concerned about what people think of me (I hate this but it is what it is)

I know that I talk about money and the like too much and in one of my social circles this would be fine as they are in dimilar income brackets, but in the other it would be seen as bragging and so I have to watch this.

I can be a bit snobby but then I am also a bogan in that I love hard rock/heavy metal music,fast cars,tatts etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (27-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm fairly reserved so some people think I'm up myself, some think I'm shy etc. Depends on the observer. There have been times I've been slated as a b!tch when I've been trying to be nice. Or the opposite, people peg me as Goody2Shoes. When really I'm just reserved. I find people trend to put their item interpretations on me if that makes sense!
    There are a few people on here who know me well but for the rest I just fly under the radar. Same is true Irl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

I have been accused of being stuck up by a gf of a long term friend. It's not that I'm snobby generally I just hate her lol I'm an open book. If I like you, you know. If I don't I will be polite, but you'll know that too

As I get older I care less and less how I'm perceived. I actually lol that some people think I should toss and turn at night bc they don't like me and think I may be x,y or z. care factor of ooooh zero?
    Amen.. Im the same.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you think you come across to other people?

A few years ago I had a co-worker who was lots of fun but i didn't understand why we didn't just click when we first met. I thought we were similar in nature... Only to find out she was a bit intimidated by me! I asked my bestie (known her 25yrs) what she thought, as I was dumbfounded, and she said I came across super confident, loud, and sometimes intimidating with the way I present myself! I do have a fairly vibrant "style" at times! Lol...
    But I'm also the person people always seem to confide... So I can't be that scary... Can I? I see myself as being fun, but also a rule follower, very talkative, a bit of a mother hen.. Especially with my staff, most young enough to be my children I'm smart (know lots of trivial things too!) but sometimes say or do dumb things so have been labelled the dumb blonde before.
    I love to tell stories too as I like to be included in the conversation but never with the intention of being the centre of attention.
    I like boy stuff like building things with power tools and interested in cars, but love girly things too... Usually struggle to make friends with girly girls.
    I wonder at times with how people perceive me as I had to start over again when we moved interstate and find as an adult you tend to make new friends through work or school. Haven't quite clicked with this new school crowd yet and see my DD struggling a bit too, so really trying to make an effort. It's hard though as most mums work full time and don't understand our position with me now only working between 3 & 8 hrs a week, with no babies at home... But that is so we can try to have another baby!
    I actually feel uncomfortable not knowing what to say to new people even though I have plenty of confidence in my job role and deal with new people everyday! Somehow the school yard scares me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How do you think you come across to other people?

I honestly have no idea...??
    I think I come across differently to different people in different circumstances!
    Interesting question though..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have much of a rollicking social life these days, but I'm pretty sure I'm perceived differently to who I really am.

First of all, I'm an artist, so a lot of people automatically assume I'm a drug addict and a dole bludger (no joke, you'd be amazed). I occasionally have wild hair (more so when I was younger) and sometimes it's multicoloured. I wear black a lot because I like it and it's slimming, I have 11 piercings (all in my ears), and I like metal (both in alloy and music).
    A lot of people assumed I was a punk. And some people actually admitted that I scared them (before they knew me). I'm so not scary though!

The artist part always makes me laugh. People are either totally fascinated by it, or are like 'Pffft ya hippy!'. I'm also academic and scientific, so when I'm out the back smoking a reefer and counting my food stamps it's all really just an experiment in physics and economics! Ya feel me?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicMud For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People tell me I'm friendly, kind, easy to get along with etcetc. I'm a real people's person. I love meeting new people and getting to know them.

My family tell me I'm naive - I'm not really, I just like to think the best of everyone.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    People never think I am as old as I am.

To people I meet, I think I may come across as a 'story topper' but I dont mean to....I am aware that I always have a story about how something like that kinda happened to me but as soon as I finish I am aware that it comes across wrong...I just want to be relateable (sp?) but it totally comes off wrong.
    Also Im very sarcastic but 99% of the time its to get a laugh and not to offend.
    ^ this is totally me

i usually tease my (dyed) hair, ALWAYS wear makeup (including big black eye shadow) and have quite a few tattoos and piercings. people often think i am a goth (even though i dress in 'regular' clothes these days including pastels) and are intimidated or fascinated by me...
    BUT anyone that knows me quickly realises i am very friendly and totally 'normal' and when they really get to know me, realise i am a total over sharer and chatterbox... it may come across like i am bragging sometimes, i don't mean to, i just like sharing what i know with others and i like learning things from others.

i think people find me unusual because i work in the disability/care sector and most people who do that type of job are typically 'mum' looking...

i am also lesbian but almost no one picks it when they meet me and when they see my engagement ring, they then start asking about my husband etc.... gets annoying sometimes.

i know who i am and i like to break the stereotypes and misconceptions people label us with

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMud View Post
    I'm also academic and scientific, so when I'm out the back smoking a reefer and counting my food stamps it's all really just an experiment in physics and economics! Ya feel me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    i have been accused of being stuck up by a gf of a long term friend. It's not that i'm snobby generally i just hate her
    lmao!