+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Question How do you think you come across to other people?

I was just thinking re the bogan threads, I think when I had DS people would have thought "those bloody teen mums, can't even use their baby bonus to buy a decent pram like a strider or dress their kids in Pumpkin Patch like good proper parents do"... because I looked a fair bit younger than I was. I drove a little beat up Mazda as well haha, total feral.

I would say nowadays I come across as 'meh'. I don't dress for attention, I'm not loud, drive a normal car and live in a normal house... just blend into the background.

At work I'm called 'miss' because they think I'm much less, for want of a better word, boganey than the rest. Don't swear as much, not as loud, not aggressive, get tipsy off one drink and have to stop at the Christmas functions etc etc.

Do you think people would judge you incorrectly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think IRL I come across pretty avarage....? I dont over dress on school pick ups. One lady I talk to at the school is always going on about clothes and hair and skin and all this crap I just dont care about. I probably come across as a hoon lol I have major road rage at the school. I try park at the shops and walk there to avoid this.

Yeah these days, I think I come across as me. If people judge than they are judging me and thats fine because its who I am and Im not going to change because someone doesnt like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I come across as the mum who is always frazzled and her hair is everywhere. Which is pretty accurate in itself. But honestly people can think what they will, because I am too busy thinking about dinner/house/kids etc. to notice.

Oh and we don't even own a car, so maybe they think we are poor too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: How do you think you come across to other people?

I'm not sure how I come across.... I know sometimes I have an odd sense of humour and sometimes people miss my sarcasm. Or they think I'm weird. I'm also very very sleep deprived and I have caffeine holding my eyes open so I can sometimes struggle to follow a conversation flow.

I worry I come off needy as well. Being so sleep deprived I do feel emotionally vulnerable a bit in friendships, I find making mummy friends scarier than I ever found dating boys lol. I want to be liked but I don't want to put myself out to be hurt after a few mum friends turned out to be a lot less invested in friendship than I was. Though I'm starting to relax. I used to end every play date berating myself for saying dumb things, talking too much, not enough, saying something I shouldnt have, not making sense etc etc etc and in some ways since katelyn though I am caring less about what other people think.

And I'm sure that the carers at jaspers kindy think I'm nuts because I'm always my most high strung at drop offs and pick ups. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I once, a lot of years ago, got told by a flat mate's gf she was scared of me bc I had my nose pierced. Then got to know me and liked me oookkk

I have been accused of being stuck up by a gf of a long term friend. It's not that I'm snobby generally I just hate her lol I'm an open book. If I like you, you know. If I don't I will be polite, but you'll know that too

As I get older I care less and less how I'm perceived. I actually lol that some people think I should toss and turn at night bc they don't like me and think I may be x,y or z. care factor of ooooh zero?
    Last edited by delirium; 26-10-2012 at 15:48.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    People never think I am as old as I am, so no doubt when they see me waiting to pick up DS they are mentally doing the math trying to figure out just how young I could be. Also, I am aware of the looks I get from other mums as I come across as a fair bit younger and therefor must be a snobby sl*t ......I dont dress up for school runs or shopping trips and am a jeans and thongs kinda girl.

To people I meet, I think I may come across as a 'story topper' but I dont mean to....I am aware that I always have a story about how something like that kinda happened to me but as soon as I finish I am aware that it comes across wrong...I just want to be relateable (sp?) but it totally comes off wrong. I also say things without thinking them through, so stupid sh!t comes out my mouth all the time (not often offensive, just stupid) and then my brain catches up and I have to try work through the embarrassment Lol Also Im very sarcastic but 99% of the time its to get a laugh and not to offend.

I always want to give advice but I suck at it so I go silent and do the 'hmmm *sympathetic face*' ...probably comes across as dismissive. This is usually where the stupid sh!t comes out as I feel awkward

So yeah, I think people would judge me incorrectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Probably snobby and rude as i'm quiet and maybe a b1tch for the same reason.
    Looks wise i think people see me as average, wouldn't look twice.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How do you think you come across to other people?

I seem to come across as rude or snooty to other people and it has been explained to me as I do because I am quiet and not overly social.

No one ever seems to think I'm just shy.

Same as at work places, I'm just quiet and get my work done and that seems to rub people up the wrong way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    As I get older I care less and less how I'm perceived. I actually lol that some people think I should toss and turn at night bc they don't like me and think I may be x,y or z. care factor of ooooh zero?
    I find it really difficult to try to do/be/buy certain things just so people think I'm cool or trendy or whatever. I struggle, always have. The world of bubub really has opened my eyes as to what people do and don't care about though!

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    People never think I am as old as I am, so no doubt when they see me waiting to pick up DS they are mentally doing the math trying to figure out just how young I could be. Also, I am aware of the looks I get from other mums as I come across as a fair bit younger and therefor must be a snobby sl*t ......I dont dress up for school runs or shopping trips and am a jeans and thongs kinda girl.
    I still get asked for ID at times... I wonder if people think I'm the babysitter? I'm pretty lucky that I only do the pick up after school (DP drops off) so I only run into a handful of mums and dads and I've never ever felt judged. Pretty anti-social though and this dad always waits for me to walk in with him and wow it's exhausting!

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Probably snobby and rude as i'm quiet and maybe a b1tch for the same reason.
    Looks wise i think people see me as average, wouldn't look twice.
    I've never thought that about you, just gentle personality and quiet.

And looks-wise. Um. No! Model material!!

Boobycino, weird is good. I like quirky. Better than boring

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    London, I havent seen you in a long time. But when I FIRST met you (what? 10 years ago???) I liked you. Thats rare for me So your doing something right