+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Confused!!

This is my first month of actively TTC, and I am just so confused right now. Last month I bought some opks. For the whole of last week (literally from Monday through to Friday) I tested each day, and each and every day I would get an immediate positive. Literally, the test line would almost immediately show up and was consistently darker than the control line.

All my research online said that opks should only remain positive for a day, maybe two. I found that a constant positive thoughout your cycle is an indication of PCOS. Now, I have had two pregnancies before, but both were unplanned so I haven't really thought much at all about infertility issues and the thought of it maybe requiring extra assistance to concieve is quite foreign to me (and upsetting )

However, I had a test remaining and decided to do it this morning just for the hell of it. The test line was there, but noticably lighter than the control.

Now, I am just really confused... How reliable are these tests?! I bought them from a chemist, they weren't an internet cheapie...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find them a bit confusing too Haven't had positives everyday but have had some confusing results. What tests are you using? I've been getting positives on first response but negatives on clearblue digital. I've used OvuNow before (internet) and they seemed okay.

I don't know about PCOS showing constant positives. What I do know is you're not supposed to test using first morning urine, but you probably already know that. Also, your tests might be too sensitive to your LH surge. Different tests have different sensitivities. Your's might be more sensitive (pick up surges at a lower level) than other tests and aren't showing your real surge.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petulia For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused!!

Agree with pp on the sensitivity... Maybe yours is looking for a fairly low dose of the hormone but your body produces a higher dose.

Also, is there any chance you're already pregnant? They also pick up hcg...

Another possibility is maybe you were all geared to ovulate and then it just kept getting 'put off' for a few days? That last one might not be how it works... I'm just throwing mud and seeing what sticks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daydream Believer For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused!!

I'm not sure about them either, this is my first month TTC - I started testing a few days before I thought I was going to ovulate morning and afternoon... I got a positive every morning test for four days... Confused I decided they were stupid and just went with dtd at least every second day, checked BBT and CM and I know what day I O'd which was a week after I expected to (temp rise) and got a faint positive today at 9dpo!

So I have no idea, I find them very strange and perhaps too sensitive?? They didn't help me and if anything just stressed me out. DF and I were BDing every day and were exhausted haha turns out O was the next week. I say, scrap 'em!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleLadyBojangles For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Confused!!

The exact same thing happened to me using first response opk's. I think I was just testing too early in the morning.

It can also apparently mean that there's not going to be ovulation this month...

I gave them up, and just used an app on my phone to predict o. It's worked twice :thumbup:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII, please excuse any errors!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

The exact same thing happened to me using first response opk's. I think I was just testing too early in the morning.

It can also apparently mean that there's not going to be ovulation this month...

I gave them up, and just used an app on my phone to predict o. It's worked twice :thumbup:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII, please excuse any errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your replies!! It is comforting to know I am not alone in my confusion! I can't remember the name of the brand, and I have thrown the packet out now, but I think I will go for a different brand next time if I don't end up with a BFP. I took a pregnancy test today, and it was negative but I also think it would have been far too early.

Congrats LittleLadyBojangles!!! Happy day for you!! I am hoping that will be me next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Confused!!

Disbride.. What's the app you use ??? How does it work. I'm using OPKs ATM but finding it very frustrating with faint lines in the afternoon but when I test twice a day I get not even a hint of a line in the morning and a dark line in the afternoon. Making it all very annoying and stressing me more. I thought knowin when I was O would be comforting.. So far it just makes me want to cry when I POAS and there is nothing there!!
    : /

Thanks
    Reviews

I used My Days - it's an app with a flower icon.

Basically you just enter in the day when you're period started, and when it's finished every month. It then works out when you're likely to ovulate and also when it thinks your next period will start. The longer you track your cycles for the more accurate it gets. So if you know your dates for past months you can enter those in to make this month more accurate.

Good luck with it :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Confused!!

Ooh. Off to the app store to add that to my collection of baby, pregnancy, calculator, charting apps.

Thanks!!