+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleeding after sex (possible TMI)

Hi all

After having sex this morning with my partner he realised I was bleeding. It was bright pink/red blood and seemed like there was a lot of it.

after having a shower to umm.. clean up there was no more bleeding, I have a pad on just in case but so far 2 hours later there is nothing. I have some slight cramping similar to what I had for the first 12 or so weeks so I am not too concerned.

I think we have just hit a blood vessel, it happened when I was pg with my first daughter.

I am only 15 weeks, do you think this will keep happening for the remaining pregnancy? I don't think I need to see the doctor, am I being too calm about all this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

At that stage I'd be calling someone, could be nothing but definitely worth getting seen to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I would also get it checked out.
    I had the same thing happen twice in my second pregnancy, but it totally freaked me out as it never happened with my first pregnancy. And it was all fine, but I feel it's always better to get checked out to be sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I will call the dr now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely worth getting checked, but try not to stress. I've been spotting for over a week now (15w along) and had a scan on wed and everything is perfect. It's definitely worth getting checked for ease of mind. The OB and sonographer both said that sex can cause bleeding because in some people the cervix becomes very sensitive and bleeds on contact. I hope that is what happened for you. No more blood and no bad cramps are a good sign! Fingers crossed for good news.