+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Relaxation music

Ok so this may be a little long winded, sorry if it is.
    I was induced with DD and was not good at relaxing or breathing through contractions.
    Fast forward two years and 9 months and my waters break with DS, this had scrambled my brain and I got All excited and long story short breathing through pain didnt happen and I ended up with an epidural (as I did with DD)
    I am now having #3 and I want to know if there is any music or anything I can do to help relax me and help me to concentrate on breathing a bit better through the contractions. I have never done a birthing class. I was looking for something that I could play on my iPod to go with me in the car and in delivery.
    Can anyone suggest anything or if there are some other tactics that you used leading up to the birth that helped you have a calm birth experience I would love to know
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Relaxation music

I did a calmbirth class and it was amazing! I think you can get hypnobirthing books and stuff which is very similar if you don't want to do a class

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxation music

Get some guided meditation tracks on your iPod. By the time I got to hospital there was no way I could concentrate on them, but I was only there for 3.5 hours until DD was born. They got me through 8 hours of labour at home

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxation music

Thanks that is what I am looking for ^^^

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxation music

Good luck. You can do it!!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Look into hypnobirthing/calmbirthing. Even if you can't actually do a class read up on it. It helped me enormously by helping me to not be afraid of labour which triggers the fear-pain cycle. Get excited about labour!! I posted a link a while about about women who actually experienced orgasms during birth!!

Read about birth, watch some nice homebirthing vids on you-tube, read nice, intervention free birth stories, basically normalise intervention free, calm births.
    Read up on anything by sarah buckley about normal births.
    I think music preferences depend entirely on what sort of music you like. For true relaxation music I like really nice classical music so I had lots of lovely classical music ready. What sort of music do you like listening to?

Count through the contractions when they get a bit painful. If a contraction lasts for 30 seconds by the time you get to 15 it's all downhill from there and that's one step closer to meeting and holding your beautiful baby.

Have a birthing strategy. Mine was to stay at home for as long as possible, have continuity of care (so I got into a midwifery led program), listen to your body and adopt any position that feels right for you whether that be bouncing on a swiss ball, rocking, showering, singing, ANYTHING GOES!!

Make sure your birth partner(s) know what you want and are prepared to advocate for you. If you have doubts get a doula (or a student doula if money is tight).

Plan for every circumstance for your other children. I didn't know if DS would have to come to the hopsital with us, whether he would be at home with SIL or whether SIL would meet us at the hospital or what was going to happen so I packed him a bag with changes of clothes, new colouring and sticker books, snacks, new little toys, some money for SIL in case it was needed, DVDs etc. It just meant I had one less thing to think about.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxation music

I will be at home by myself during the time I can be at home I am calling my mum when I need to go to hospital. She will come get me and stay with me till bubs is born.
    My x is picking up the kids and having them until I am out of hospital, so I will pack their bags closer to the date
    I have a plan to use my gym ball in the shower (conveniently fitted out with a hook for the shower to be lowered and a rail on the opposite side of the shower) the gym ball in the shower was bliss with DS so that is probably one thing I will defiantly try
    I like all kinds of music but I might borrow my mums nature CDs and put them on my iPod and when the kids are at their dads I will practice listening to them and relaxing deeply
    Thanks for all your advice I am not keen on the hypno side of it. Just remaining calm lol

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    Thanks for all your advice I am not keen on the hypno side of it. Just remaining calm lol
    It's not actually hypnotising, it's just self-help techniques to get yourself into a calm and serene place whilst you labour.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxation music

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    It's not actually hypnotising, it's just self-help techniques to get yourself into a calm and serene place whilst you labour.
    Ahhh I see

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Relaxation music

Nature music is a good idea too. Once I got to hospital as I said there was no way I could concentrate on the guided meditation anymore but with the lights dimmed and nature music playing it created a relaxed and personal atmosphere where I could concentrate on the job at hand.