+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So angry

Hubby is working late and isn't here as per usual. Put the baby to bed at 6.30 and she gets up every half an hour. Two hours later am feeding her again. This is after screaming at her to go to sleep. Yes, she is 4 mo and I'm screaming at her.

Put the toddler to bed at 7 and he got up for an hour and a half. He finally went to sleep and then the baby gets up.

I had all of ten mins sit down to myself. Bloody p!saws off. Am going to try to go to bed as I was up st 5am.

This whole parenting thing is not fun.

Me + DH
    DS 2
    DD
    :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aww hugs.. i know it's not easy at all. are you breastfeeding or formula feeding bub? If you're formula feeding , she might need a thicker formula. my ds was doing the same until i changed and thank god he changed... but then at the same time, my dd was waking up every second hour and on a ''bad'' night it would be twice an hour.

she's 4 and i still get up thru the night for her. no matter what we have tried, it just doesn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's so hard when hubby is working isn't it, I count down until DH gets home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    such a tough gig when the kidlets work in cahoots to keep you on your toes. I hope you have abetter night tonight, and that you were able to rest today.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So angry

Take a deep breath, make yourself a cuppa and think "It's not forever". Not very good advice sorry but it's what used to get me through sometimes.

Hope bub settles and you get some rest xo

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-10-2012),SoThisIsLove  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: So angry

Oh no Been there. Been to the point of crying and begging one to sleep because they tag team me some nights.

It WILL get better. I must tell myself it WILL get better.

But it's hard with two who wake and want mummy :-/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs, you are doing a tough job and we all get to the end of our tether sometimes.

Look after yourself. Have a glass of wine, a hot bath....even if its the only half an hour you get all day. Perhaps hubby can give u a day off soon to go shopping / lunch with friends or something? You sound like you deserve a break

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: So angry

Been there done that. It's absolutely the toughest time. Best thing for the moment, start planning an outing, coffee with friends or shopping, anything, just something that you can look forward to. They have to sleep eventually, cross fingers it's soon. It does get better though, it seems like it takes forever for them to get out of this phase but one day you will be sitting here typing something similar to another mother *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a newborn , 18 month and a 3 nearly 4 . I totally get why your fustrated and mad , your not getting the time you need to yourself to recharge and carry on.

The other night after a long day of 3 kids in nappies , the older two continually waking the baby with their shreaks and not getting lunch or dinner for myself ...... My husband finnishes work and is late for his sport so leaves the house and me with the bedtime routine . I had had it by then so the 4 year old manages to go to bed and the 18 month old and the baby are on bed with me watching YouTube clips until they pass out .

Some days you just got to do what you need to do.... And it's tough , especially when your hungry and tierd yourself . Xxxx big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    To everyone!! I understand the frustration, but op you NEED for ur own sanity to find a way to release that feeling without yelling at the baby, its only going to make things worse. I tried different things to suppress that feeling... Loud music, taking a shower, deep breaths, even smashing a plate in the sink (yes very proud of that) anyway I find that reminding myself that DD is a gift and a precious little one that I'm entrusted to look after and looking in her eyes always works. AND feeling like crap after an episode like that is really not something I look forward, it seems that I am frustrated for 5 min then I get to feel bad for 2 days!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-10-2012)