Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ...you...a family? don't be absurd

Of course you are! and yes, i've noticed a lot of places tend to only refer to families by surname if it has a male-adult...blergh
    I think you need to find a really obscure parenting thing you love (for me, it was babywearing :P ) and then randomly start meeting up with people who have a similar love. And...well thats how i managed to create real-family branches.
    [ok, non-bio family branches. but biology means diddly squat in this house. :-) ]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

SPC  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I liked being a single parent family. Don't get me wrong, now I've met my one I'd never go back, but it was a very special time for me. I used to love looking at DS and thinking I'd raised him all on my own. The bond was different, too.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (26-10-2012),SPC  (29-10-2012),~ElectricPink~  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so sad :'(

I used to feel like we weren't a family when it was just me and one child - stupid I know! I felt more family like once the second one came along and now there's four I feel really familyified. That's sad that it's taken this topic to point this to me!

Bwahahahaha re marrying an Italian hahahaha LOL

My kids look at our close friends as family too. But our close friends are in similiar situations to us and we're like family so we say family is who you choose it to be.
    Last edited by Willow; 27-10-2012 at 08:09. Reason: More talking to do

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willow For This Useful Post:

SPC  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would love to be a part of a big family but atm it's not to be, and I hope I never settle on my life partner just to get that big family I crave.

Sometimes it really upsets me, other times I take pride in the fact that I have raised a beautiful, smart and wonderful 7yr old, and than other times I get really excited about our future and it being just us. It's almost a constant merry-go-round of emotions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sick to death of the fact that its just ds and me! Yes we are a family but a small one.

I long for a real family. One with a mum and dad .....I'm sick of waiting....sick of being on my own....sick of being lonely........gah I'm over it.....

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Of course you're a family!

Although if you want familial chaos, you should marry into my family. It's ridiculous.

And then I can whisk Sylvie away.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

SPC  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Are we a family?

I wonder how my stepdaughter would feel? As far as she is concerned she has two mummy's and two daddy's and we all love her very much. She is starting to understand that her brother doesn't come to see her daddy and me, and once our little bub is born she will learn that he/she won't be going to her mummy and other daddy's house. But I still think we are family. I consider her bio mum to be a family member that I don't go out of my way to see but civil to when we are in the same room (sort of like my dad... Lol). If we are a family then you guys definitely are!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Are we a family?

Now are we talking about a 'sort of' family ie kinda
    Or a 'sort' of family as in a type.

There are lots of different sorts of families. So i see the statement as correct depending on interpretation. I would never think that my son and i are anything other than a family. We are a family of two. It's as simple as that.

If someone told me we were a sort of family i would say yes... Just like two adults and one child is a sort of family. Two mummies is a sort too etc etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Are we a family?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I want a nice big family too. I often lament over the fact that I am not a part of the "Modern Family," clan (and I secretly want DP to become Phil...lol).
    Lol! Dh and I always joke that we will be Claire and Phil in 10 years! DH's sister is a lesbian who is trying for a baby at the moment so our future kids will grow up knowing that there are lots if different kinds of families!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lemons View Post
    Lol! Dh and I always joke that we will be Claire and Phil in 10 years! DH's sister is a lesbian who is trying for a baby at the moment so our future kids will grow up knowing that there are lots if different kinds of families!
    Phil - yes, love him!
    Claire - god no, can't stand her character!