+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Summershine - I'm sorry to hear your experience at Concept was so bad. I've been with them since the start of the year and I couldn't say one bad thing about them. I'm not sure who your FS was but mine is always on time and available to speak to whenever I need. I've had nothing but support from them and all of the people there. Speaking from my experience and other people I know who have been there I would recommend them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caketin maybe they have lifted their game since I was with them (I certainly hope so). I was with Concept from 2008 to mid 2011 and after hearing feedback from other women on Bubhub I was not the only one to experience problems with them during this time (particuarly with communication and medication dose). At one point my FS congratulated me on being pregnant to which I had to inform her that it must be another patient you are thinking of, it was very embarrassing for everyone. Plus the time she was over an hour late for the transfer due to a school drop off! and talked to her child on the phone about a book report during a consultation. Very very unprofessional.

I would however say the nursing staff were nice and yes of course a lot of it depends on your FS too. But there were so many other problems as mentioned above. I remember waiting and waiting to find out about embryo's, called back at 2pm as asked, to which they replied they were busy and would call me back. They never did and the embryologist left for the day. You can't do that to people waiting for important stressful news. At Fert WA they call you first thing in the morning with updates and when going for scans etc I never had to wait more than 15 minutes. My FS was always on time and never took personal calls during a consultation. They got to the root of my problem within a month! Turns out I'm not "unexplained" and it's not just "an odds game" as I was advised at Concept.
    As I said I really hope that lots of women gave them feedback and they have altered the way they do things. If they have improved then I am glad because they certainly needed to! If people experiences are now good then it's a positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there i was in the exact same position as you earlier this year when trying to choose a fertility clinic - such a lot depends on choosing the correct clinic - both emotionally and financially!!

We ended up going with Hollywood and have found them great! We have had 3 failed IVF cycles (5 embryos all together transferred) and after the last one it was decided I have a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to investigate if all is ok inside. I just had this done and found a huge amount of endometriosis which was removed so now we have a greater chance of IVF working. So Hollywood will not just keep going without looking into things first. Dr Barton and Prof Brett are wonderful!!

Hollywood have always called me to update and never have I been ignored or had to wait a long time at clinics for scans etc.

HTH feel free to PM me if u want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies thanks for the further input.

Sometimes it still astounds me what we have to put up with and endure to get a baby, but to have someone imply that you are childless because of life choices such as career etc is appalling and should not be tolerated.

Level of effort and interest that my FS puts into my case is important to me and it is very demoralising and stressful when you feel like they are just going through the motions and you are just another number to them. To me it is very important that at the end of the cycle you feel as though your FS has exhausted every avenue and tried his/her utmost best to get you a positive outcome and from past experience it was easier to accept negative outcomes when my experience with the unit has been positive.

People in the service can become quite jaded and sometimes forget the impact of their attitudes and words can have on patients. It is an emotional journey and to have all the hormones surging in your body that just compounds and amplify the magnitude of all these emotions.

Nevertheless it is hope that will carry us through this journey and as long as that remains, we are going to be ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Babyhope75 - I got your message and am more than happy to share doctors names but it won't let me email you back for some reason? It says you are not accepting messages? Let me know if you can fix this up so I can message you back!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got my BFP with Hollywood... So as you can imagine I am completely happy with them, that aside, my FS is Dr Brett, My EPU was done by DR Barton & Dr Turner did my transfer, they where great and all the nurses are lovely. BT results are prompt & there is hardly a wait for BT's & U/S's... They will let you so a tour before you decide aswell... One other thing that's was great is the lodge everything for you to Medicare & u get the rebate pretty quickly.

Just wanted to let you know there is a Perth group if you are interested...

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...Perth-girls-17

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

babyhope75  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs Dolphin,

I have just been adjusting my settings so hopefully it should be ok now. If not let me know!

Ta x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new to blogs first time poster but needing a boost to get me through. About to start injections for ivf attempt 2 on Friday. Cycle 1 was not good got 2 eggs out of 7 follicles, 1 fertilized, it was behind in cell division at 3 day transfer but tried anyway with no success. As I didn't respond to the meds as predicted FS has changed treatment plan with an extra injected medication and increased doses of previous medications. Trying to find courage to give 4 shot to self as husband needle phobic and confidence in my body to respond better this time round.

Me 34, Hubby 42, 2yrs TTC, 1 conception on cycle 2 Letrozole dec 2012, miscarried @ 9wks
    amh <5. no other fertility issues identified
    IVF 2 starts 19 July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good lucky Suzy