+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF clinic in Perth

Hi ladies,

I am new to this forum and would appreciate advice on ivf clinics in Perth.
    We have just relocated from overseas and had 3 cycles outside of Australia. We are currently shopping around for clinics and have shortlisted 3 clinics;

1)Hollywood
    2)Pivet
    3)FertWA

Just wondering if anyone had any experiences with any of the clinics looking specifically at FS and their experience, thoroughness and willingness to 'push the envelope' and work away from protocol and be cutting edge with success (of course)!
    Also looking at facilities, friendliness of nurses and staff, and accessability to doctors.

Feeling overwhelmed by all these clinics and after 3 ivf attempts, I just don't want to feel like a statistic to a clinic anymore! Please help..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF clinic in Perth

I haven't been to any yet but I am probably going to need to at the start of next year. I have decided on Hollywood as they have been helpful every email and phone enquiry I have made. Good luck on your journey

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't with any of those clinic but I am at Concept and they are fantastic and my FS is awesome as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am leaning towards Hollywood too but FertWA is the least I know about although their first impression leaves some room for improvement! I am finding it hard to compare cost too as not all clinics list what is included in the ivf cost and there may be extras on top of the ball park figure.

meesha87- Thanks for your input, all the best for next year!
    elkalemi- Thank you for your input too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF clinic in Perth

I've been going to Hollywood for 2 years now n have only good things to say. It's a real team effort there n they're all very personable. The nurses are so lovely n caring n Simon turner is great. Best of luck x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

babyhope75  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: IVF clinic in Perth

I went to Pivet before moving on to Hollywood. I personally preferred Hollywood, but Pivet are probably more proactive in looking for cutting edge treatments. I've just booked in to see Dr Turner to try for number 2.
    PM me if you want to ask any more questions. Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

babyhope75  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It worried me when chosing a clinic that Hollywood and pivot never bothered in sending information. I guess it's finding the right fit and who you connect with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And word of mouth is important too. I had friends use concept, so for us that was a good indicator.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah elkalemi, I just find the process weird as usually the units we have dealt with usually will have patient evenings or send you an info pack.

However Hollywood was good in this aspect as they made time for me to explain about costing, medicare etc so I can't fault them where customer service is concerned. Pivot was the same, front desk friendly and courteous and waiting room is nice and relaxing.

FertWA gave me a sense that they have enough business and don't really need mine! Haha..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would only recommend Fert WA! They are fantastic. Very thorough, good communication, in my opinion the most knowledgeable Drs (Professors with ongoing research interests) and willing to find out what is wrong rather than go cycle after cycle after cycle with no changes and the waste paper diagnosis "unexplained".

I do not mean to offend anyone with Concept but for me they were terrible. Three years of failing to conceive and all they told me was it is an odds game. Well it wasn't an odds game I wasn't producing progesterone which they failed to pick up so all the IVFs I had with them were a waste of time and $. FS was always late for everything even transfers (over an hour!) and could never remember who I was or what I had done, they prescribed me the wrong medicaiton dose which I had to correct. Communication is awful, you feel like a number and the waiting times are terrible. Not to mention the Dr who scanned me once and told the medical student he was teaching that my chances of getting pregnant were very small because women try to have careers rather than having babies earlier. Which wasn't even true in my case but thanks for the judgement. I still hold major resentment towards that clinic and I feel a duty to advise others to avoid.