Q - Have you ever taken a Zumba class before this?

A - No I have never done any exercise class of any kind.

Q - How are you feeling about embarking on this challenge over the next 8 weeks?

A - A mix of emotions to be honest. I am excited about making such huge positive changes to my life. Scared about my ability to do it. I am going to give it my all and hopefully I will get there in the end.

Q - What are you hoping to achieve? Emotional? Physical?

A - Emotionally, I want to become a stronger person who can cope more readily with the challenges life throws at me. I want to be a better role model for my kids. I want to show them if you put your mind to it and throw everything you have at something you personally find hard, that you can achieve it. I want to show them that even old grey mum can learn new things, it might take her a little longer but she can do it.
Physically I want to be fit. I want to be able to do things with my kids. Most of all I want to look normal. The ability to blend with a crowd. Not known as the lady with the massive bum and thighs.

Q - Of the seven DVDs (Step by Step, Activate, Ripped, Exhilarate, Rush, Mix, Fitness concert),which ones have you tried so far and what were your first impressions?

A - I have only done the steps and the Activate so far.

Steps
I love that each step is broken down into small bits ands tarts off slow and then speeds up as go, so beginners like me can learn them with ease. I liked that you learn the feet movements first and then the arms. I love that I can rewind one step and redo it. If I get didn't get it or if I get interrupt by one of the kids. I did get a little lost at first when the instructor free styled at the end of the step. I enjoyed the music and found the instructions clear and easy to understand.

Activate
I am loving this DVD. I did it for the first time after doing the steps DVD twice. It is a great introduction to the world of Zumba. I loved how they had simpler/lower impact steps for beginners like me. I have done it twice now and I am starting to get better at it. I like that they built on to the basic steps we learnt in the steps DVD.