+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sydney Genea doc help pls

Hi everyone

I've just joined and am a complete newbie to online forums. So glad I've stumbled across bubhub!

DH & I have been TTC for just under a year and recently saw a FS at IVF Aust - to put it nicely, it wasn't the right fit and I was SO disappointed...
    So, we have decided to try Genea Sydney clinic which seems to have a really great reputation.

Has anyone seen Dr Devora Lieberman or Dr Katrina Rowan?? Also considering Dr Mark Livingston.. Waiting lists are long and initial consults are $$ so it would help to hear others experiences with any of these docs beforehand. We're looking for someone who is down-to-earth and shows understanding. Not the kind of doc completely devoid of emotion.

Blood tests and SA are all good. Doc at IVF Aust recommended IUI, but because success rate is only 18% we would like to go straight to IVF.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi Orchids,
    Not everyone will click with the same FS and I think it is wise to do what you have done and 'interview' a couple of FS till you hit one that seems to fit.

We are with Devora Leiberman (who is our 3rd FS) and I think she's great. We find her to be very warm, knowledgeable and collaborative in her approach. If she doesn't know something she says so, and has consulted with colleagues when we have raised some out of the box ideas.

Having spent 2 years with IVFA I can say that from our recent experience Genea has proved superior in every way and we wish we has changed sooner.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Sydney Genea doc help pls

Hi
    After 4 yrs of ivf, 6 yrs of ttc we were referred to Dr Alison Gee at genea kent st. She is awesome. She has been very thorough and proactive with tests and treatments. She has called me personally a number of times to discuss results and a plan which has saved us travelling 3 hrs to sydney.
    We have just started a cgh cycle so we aren't pregnant yet but she is very confident we can get there.

Good luck with your baby making

Poppy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoppyLoppy For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Where in Sydney are you? Have u thought of looking at Fertility First @ Hurstville? Dr Anne is a wonderful doctor and I can't fault the staff.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going through dr Gabriel dezarnaulds she is really nice and is honest and straight to the point, her secretary is great too. Half hr travel by car for us but we don't mind .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We had Devora and got BFP first go (ICSI) but Devora was on holidays for my EPU and transfer (we knew this but decided to go ahead anyway) so Katrina did both procedures.
    I though they were both great. I had kept Devora in the loop throughout my pregnancy and also shared photos and video of my son. She always personally responds and is genuinely interested and happy for us. I really like that about her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (28-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it! Its a tremendous help for us as there isn't anyone DH & I can talk to about this. Have been feeling very alone for months now and joining this forum has made such a difference - so thank you!!!!!

Starf1sh: great to hear you are really happy with Dr Devora. she sounds really good!

Poppy: yes, I've read great things about Dr Alison and was keen to see her, but her earliest appointment is in 3 months from now! I think we'd go crazy if we had to wait that long.

Fingerscrossd11: thanks for the tips about Dr Anne at FF in Hurstville. We're in the East and work in the city so location wise the city is much better for us.

Clucky14: thanks for the info about Dr Gabriel. Unfortunately getting to Glebe is a little tricky for us, but good to know.

Bedlover: wonderful to hear you got BFP first go & to hear great things about both Dr Devora & Dr Katrina!

Good luck to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

There is also Fertility East, I don't know the doctors per say but friends have had good experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Orchids,
    We are with Dr Devora Lieberman and are so happy with her.

We originally went to Fertility First at Hurstville and it just wasn't the right fit for us. I didn't realise this until I met Devora and felt instantly at ease and secure.
    Obviously you will know when you "connect" with your FS.
    I have been so impressed with every aspect of Devora's operations, from her assistant, to her nurses at Genea. She is switched on and has great bedside manner!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a surrogate and just had a FET with Devora at Kent St. I have nothing but the best to say for everything there