+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Week 1 Official Zumba Questions -Blog 7

Have you ever taken a Zumba class before this?

Yes, I took four or five classes at my gym in the beginning of 2011. I really enjoyed them but found it hard to get there around work times with a long commute.

How are you feeling about embarking on this challenge over the next 8 weeks?

I'm excited. This is something that I need, have needed for a long time. A goal to focus on that's not trying to get pregnant!

What are you hoping to achieve? Emotional? Physical?

I've talked about this a lot in my blogs so far. I want to love myself again. I want to look in the mirror and not want to cry at what I see. I want to enjoy life again.

For the longest time, I've hidden away, worn loose clothing and tried to hide when people wanted to take my photo. I guess...I don't know, I want to be confident enough not to care. To put on anything in my wardrobe and not worry about the fact that I look pregnant.

I have a t-shirt, it's based on my favourite film and I was so stoked when I got it. The picture is of a bitten peach and the caption says "what baby..." which is a reference to the movie Labyrinth. The first time I wore it at work, one of the ladies read the caption out loud, misunderstood and said "congratulations!".

Ummmm...but I digress.

Of the seven DVDs (Step by Step, Activate, Ripped, Exhilarate, Rush, Mix, Fitness concert), which ones have you tried so far and what were your first impressions?

If you don't mind, I'll come back and add to this one. So far I've only tried Step by Step. First impressions, it was a lot of fun and very easy to follow along for a beginner. I'll come back and add more as I try other DVDs out!

25/10/2012 - I did Exhilarate this evening...hmmmmm, first impressions. It was definitely a lot of fun but it was more difficult than I expected. I struggled to keep up and free styled a lot of the moves just to keep moving. That being said, it was definitely a lot of fun and I have zero doubt that I burned a tonne of calories. I can't wait to do it again so that I can get better at the moves!

26/10/2012 - I did my first Ripped workout tonight. I don't think I'll ever look at my kitchen chair the same way! It had more dance moves than I expected but it was an excellent workout, everything's aching at least!
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 26-10-2012 at 20:36.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    What? Labyrinth is your favourite film? Oh, I NEVER would have guessed!

If it makes you feel better, quite often at work I've had the kids come up to me and say "Miss *****, my Mum says you must be pregnant!"

(My reply is always the same "Oh how sweet [random childs name]! You can go home and tell Mum that I'm actually just fat".)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Oh man, Noms! That's awful!

A guy at the checkout one day said to my husband that we must "have one on the way" and nodded to me. My lovely husband told me afterwards even though I hadn't heard it ROFL!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Well to be honest it's not such a shock- all my weight goes to my belly so I do look a bit pregnant- the rest of me isn't toooooo bad! And then I have bloated days when it's awful and I can't even suck my belly in, so it's no wonder the mothers gossip. Thy could keep it from their children though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I dunno, little kids have pretty big ears lol! I have the same problem, my tummy is where all my weight goes first, then everywhere else. I used to say "I know I'm putting on weight when I start to look fat in the face" since it's the last place the fat goes but I've had a chubby face for awhile now and everything else expanded too. I was standing at the train station the other day and I looked down at the ground and was horrified to see that my shadow looked about seven months pregnant!