+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Shake that booty! - Week 1, Day 1 - Blog 5

Well, I am typing this blog all hot and sweaty after my first Zumba Exhilarate experience. If I thought that having been to a few Zumba classes at my gym was going to give me some sort of advantage with this, I was sorely mistaken. It turns out I'm as completely uncoordinated as I ever was!

After hauling out our DVD player and setting it up in the lounge room where I'd have space to shimmy around under the watchful, judging eyes of my cat Remus, I popped in the Step by Step DVD and was ready to Zumba...or so I thought!

The first couple of moves were pretty easy but from about the third move in, I stopped trying to follow along when they showed you how to do it to begin with (which I'd been doing quite smugly thus far) and gawked at them with my mouth open wondering how on Earth I was supposed to manage to do that! I was very impressed by the way they broke it down so simply to make it easy to understand, though.

I tell you what, the Reggaeton almost killed me! I managed to get the video stuck on viewing it from the back when I hit the wrong button trying to pause the DVD. I did all of Reggaeton viewing from behind (Gina has some mad awesome hair!) before I realised that switching it back to front view was, you know, as simple as clicking the front button. Yes, I am a dolt.

Tonight's workout...well...it didn't make me sweat hardcore but it gave me a taster for what's to come. If I don't lose weight doing Zumba, it'll be what's going in my mouth that's the problem because I can already tell it's going to be a major calorie burner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Well done.

Her hair is wild isn't it. I would love hair like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm going to do Exhilarate tomorrow and I am sooo pumped!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooh, i had forgotten the "view from the back" feature. Maybe that will help with my uncoordinated attempts at any move that involves crossing my legs, lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Blog 5 - Week 1, Day 1 - Shake that booty!

anewme: We always want what we don't have, as someone with dead straight hair, I'd kill for curls!

Luna: I can't wait to try the harder workout tomorrow...did I just say I was looking forward to exercising???

purple: It was actually really good to follow along from behind for a bit but I prefer the front view and found it easier to follow along to when they added in the arms (although I recommend checking out Gina's hair lol!).