+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    To be resilient. That not everything in life will go your way but that's okay because it toughens you up. My mum always came into bat for us re: friendships and school and it didn't really teach me how to cope, be adaptable and flexible. Although she meant the best!
    Lol kind of the opposite for me - my mum was NEVER on my side and whenever something happened it always must have been my fault. She meant well and thought she was teaching me to be accountable and to consider others. However it also led to me always doubting myself and never being comfortable sticking up for myself and just generally always feeling unsupported. It's tough to get the balance right I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That money is not the most important thing there is. I've got so much respect for my mum for raising my sister and I after losing everything (except for our clothes) when she and my dad divorced, but it feels like my entire childhood was spent with her working, and not being able to spend a lot of time with us kids.

To try a wide variety of foods, and that travel can be fun and you should try to see new places instead of just visiting family.

And that you should do exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle - I didn't do any exercise other than whatever school made me do and now in my 30s I really regret it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My intention is to reward effort more than results.

I was always bright at school and breezed through with top grades. But, if I'm honest with myself, I'm very lazy and rarely fully apply myself.

If my kids are working hard then it doesn't matter what results they get - they're doing their best. And if they're getting great results without trying then they need to find some way to apply themselves above and beyond the 'requirement' to find their actual limits and instill a real work ethic, which I think is probably a more useful life skill than any grades.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KateBishop For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    - To manage money and have respect for it.
    - To know their importance and that their opinions, views, feelings and voice are valid and they should never feel down trodden or worthless and no one has the right to make them feel that way.
    - To understand if you want something, big or small, it may take time, patience, hard work and resilience but it's worth it.
    - To take pride in their appearance and know how to dress appropriately.
    - To never be afraid to have their own opinions that may differ from the rest of the families, because their family will love them anyway.
    - To think for themselves, research issues that are problems for not only them but for those around them and don't be afraid to stick up for the little guys.
    - That they are not above working at McDonalds or cleaning toilets or any of the other "menial" jobs so many people these days believe are beneath them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

giveitago  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chores and how to cook.
    Seriously took me until I was about 32 and DD started eating meals with us until I learnt how to cook anything decent. And even then - it's not that decent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    - That they are fabulous and that I am proud of them, no matter what.

- How to budget and manage money.

- How to be happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I will teach my kids about drinking responsibly and that if you get totally blotto you look like an idiot...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mum isn't crafty at all and not very adventurous with cooking and I've learnt through school and on my own so I want to teach my girls enough to be able to use a sewing machine, knit and (once I've learnt) crochet. I also want them to be willing to choose something random out of a recipe book and make it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have 1 son so...That your wife/sister/mother/aunt is not ur slave and that they are not beneath you. You can make your own sandwich or get your own cup of water. All chores will be distributed equally and taught equally. Of course when you treat someone with kindness they will reciprocate

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Financial literacy and drug education.