Ok, I am pretty good with technology but have no idea about IPads but am thinking of getting hubby one as he is about to go FIFO and would like something easy and portable to take. We do not want any other tablet than and Ipad, I know that much. We both have IPhones however he would like a bigger screen to watch movies and browse the net. Here are my questions (that are clearly not from a technical mind)
1. We would get an IPad with Wifi and Cellular. At home we have a WIFI modem and he can tap into that for data download but whilst he is away, what does he use assuming there is no free WIFI for him to use? Does he have to buy a pre paid internet stick or go on a plan? If he goes on a plan does he have to use an wireless internet USB to get internet?
2. How does he download movies onto it? Through Itunes? Do they cost much? Is there a place you can 'rent' them online?
3. What is the battery life like on them?
4.Do they have an e reader function on them?
5. Do the new IPads have flash player on them yet? What is Skype like to use on them?
6. Any words of advice for them or against? If we don't get an IPad we will be getting another laptop.