+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hubby has been dying for me to share this story on Bubhub...

We were at the GP yesterday, and a little girl (about 3 years) was having a meltdown because her mum was making her leave and she couldn't find the sticker the dr had given her.

Mum was saying 'we will get another at the shops' and the little girl was adamant that they find it. The dr comes out and asks what was happening, and the mum explained the situation. The dr said 'oh, here, here, come get a new one' to which the mum declines saying 'she has to learn you don't get what you want by having a tantrum'.

The dr offered again, and again was declined and the mum and girl walked out the automatic doors towards their car. The dr then rushed out the door and took the little girl out of the mums arms and took her back into his office and got her a new sticker. The mum apparently huffed a little and headed to her car. Then the doors closed. He then put the girl down and let her walk out the doors on her own, and as she got outside, hubby saw the mum coming back to get the girl.

I have absolutely no point, I just thought it was an interesting situation and one that might provoke a good Bubhub conversation

3...2...1... and.... Discuss!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh wow. That's one brave dr lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

zombiekitty  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone grabbed my child out of my arms by force i would punch them in the face.
    I think the doc should have just left the situation alone, it was nice of him to offer another sticker but the parents are the ones who decide how to handle their kids tantrums not the doctor.
    The doctor was out of line there.
    UNLESS the doctor was the kids father, then that might be different ???

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (25-10-2012),Busy-Bee  (25-10-2012),Izy  (25-10-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-10-2012),MINIRoo  (25-10-2012),MsImpatient  (24-10-2012),~ElectricPink~  (24-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Without knowing what the child is usually like I'm just going to say that I see no issue with the doctor just giving her a new one.
    It's not like she was being naughty and demanded a sticker, she was given one, lost it and he offered to replace it.

If I saw that happen I think I would laugh. But if it were my child and she was often demanding and threw tantrums over nothing and the doctor did that I'd be seriously ****ed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How strange.
    I think the doc was out of line, he should have just let it go, but was probably thinking he was helping and meant well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Izy  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah. We both feel it was absolutely outrageous! But almost in a harmless way... You know? Like, what a crazy and very risky thing to do, just because the little girl was upset.

I've seen him a few times and he *is* lovely, and seems to genuinely like kids. He is fairly young, he seems like he has young kids. He relates really well with my 2yo girl. Compliments her singing... Lol...

We were just dumbfounded... What was he thinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having trouble following the mum's logic - she offered the child another sticker from the shops to try and calm her down, but told the Dr not to give her another one as she needs to learn she doesn't get what she wants from a tantrum?

As for the Dr, if I was in the waiting room I'd probably be a little and then .

What a strange situation all around!

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally agree, he just wanted to cheer her up, which I thought was sweet.

And then he took the kid from the mums arms (mum looked pretty surprised) and dashed back into the office...

Lol...

Hubby is enjoying the replies. he likes hearing my Bubhub stories...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was having a huge tantrum on a main street once (for no particular reason) and a lady came up and gave him a chocolate bar!!! lol

I would of been annoyed at the Dr but I do like the fact that people are really only trying to be kind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm if a doctor did that to me I'd be going off my face. How irresponsible!! It is up to the mother how she parents and I actually believe she did what was right.. not reward the tantrum. How DARE that doctor take that little girl off her without her permission and THEN let her walk out the doors on her own. That's just ridiculous.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

Izy  (25-10-2012)