+ Reply to Thread
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Thermy / Bellini / Superchef etc - do they all have plastic bowls?

Just after some opinions... I have been weighing up buying a Bellini or similar... Looked at a Bellini in Target today and was surprised to see that the bowls are made of plastic? I somehow assumed they would be crockery bowls.

Does anyone else have an issue with this? I don't like the idea of cooking all my meals in plastic, Its kinda put me off the idea of buying ANY of these machines, whatever the price!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a TMX and it has a stainless steel bowl. I was under the impression that the Bellini and Superchef had steel bowls aswell. The base underneath the bowl is plastic, but that bit is only used to lock the bowl into place, it doesn't have any contact with the food.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Thermy / Bellini / Superchef etc - do they all have plastic bowls?

Oh ok! I didn't see a stainless steel bowl... it was a rushed examination tho cos the household appliance section engaged the kids for all of 3 seconds lol!

So I wonder what the black bowl was then, kind of oval shaped, a steamer out something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thermy / Bellini / Superchef etc - do they all have plastic bowls?

Yes, the black or grey plastic oval dish is the steamer that sits on top of the bowl